Radiator Springs Racers
Set off on an exciting high-energy, high-speed race through Radiator Springs. Zoom past beautiful recognizable parts of the land and see which car makes it to the finish-line first!
|Ride Type:||High-speed dark ride.|
|Height Req.:||40 inches (102cm)|
|Avg. Wait*:||45-60 minutes.|
|Ride Length:||4 minutes.|
|Vehicle Capacity:||6. Two rows seating three adults each.|
|Operating Hours:||Park opening to park closing.|
|*Wait times my vary widely on a number of factors including crowd levels, showtimes, and hour of the day.|
- Be sure to utilize Fastpass or Single Rider for this popular attraction! Fastpass Distribution machines can be found near the entrance to It's Tough to Be a Bug! (Disneyland Resort)
- This attraction opened June 15, 2012.
- The ride is randomly programmed to select a different winner each race. You have a 50-50 chance of being in the winning car!
- The steepest degree of banking on the track is 45 degrees.
- Each vehicle on the track is estimated to do more than 36,000 miles a year, that's equivalent to more than 14 trips down the original Route 66.
- The ride vehicles come in eight colors, each with its own personality.
- Just like Indiana Jones Adventure character dialogue throughout the attraction will vary slightly from ride to ride.
- Jonathan Sacks, who composed the original film score also composed the attraction score.
Safety and Accessibility
- Safety Considerations: None.
- Wheelchair Accessible: No. Guests must be able to transfer from wheelchair or ECV to experience this attraction.
- Hearing Disability Services: No.
- Visual Disability Services: No.
- Service Animals: Allowed.
Radiator Springs Racers is a high speed thrill ride that is themed to the Disney/Pixar film "Cars." In the newest generation of Disney's "Test Track" technology seen at Epcot in Walt Disney World Resort, six passenger vehicles will speed around an indoor and outdoor course.
In the attraction you will visit familiar locations and scenes in the film, including Main Street of Radiator Springs, Luigi's Casa Della Tires, Ramone's House of Body Art, Flo's V8 Cafe, and more. To add excitement, the attraction features high speed banked turns, elevation changes, tractor tipping, and of course all your favorite Cars characters before finishing with a side-by-side, outdoor race against another attraction vehicle.
The attraction begins in an attraction vehicle with an idyllic drive through the desert gone awry when the vehicle nearly runs into Mack the big-rig truck. As the vehicle swerves out of the way, it encounters the Sheriff who it appears is gonig to issue a speeding ticket but is impressed with the driving skills and invites the car to the big race! Before the race can begin, though, Mater has to take the vehicle for a round of tractor tipping. Unfortunately, Frank wakes up and chases the trespassers off of his farm.
On the way back in to town, the vehicle has to be prepared for the big race. At this point, the vehicle will either turn into Luigi's Casa Della Tires for a tire change or into Ramone's for a quick paint refresh. From there, the race begins through the remaining out-door portion of the attraction reaching the top speeds and coming to a photo-finish ending that will be different every time.
MI Community Contributions
- Find Related Discussions
- Visit the MI Boards to ask questions or just chat about Radiator Springs Racers.
- Find Related Photos
- Visit the MI Galleries for more photos of Radiator Springs Racers.
- ↑ By the Numbers: What’s New at Disney California Adventure Park
- ↑ [http://www.mouseinfo.com/forums/content/1087-fun-facts-cars-land-re-creates-radiator-springs-familiar-landmarks-movie.html Fun Facts: Cars Land Re-creates Radiator Springs with Familiar Landmarks from the Movie ]