Star Tours (Disneyland Resort)
It was replaced by Star Tours The Adventures Continue.
Board a Starspeeder 3000 with rookie captain Rex for a turbulent trip to the moon of Endor - that is, if you don't stop along the way to help destroy the Death Star.
|Ride Type:||Motion-based simulator ride.|
|Height Req.:||40" (102 cm) or taller.|
|Avg. Wait*:||30-40 minutes.|
|Ride Length:||4 minutes and 55 seconds.|
|Ride Capacity:||40 people per cruiser.|
|Operating Hours:||Park opening to park closing.|
|*Wait times my vary widely on a number of factors including crowd levels, showtimes, and hour of the day.|
- Take a ride during a parade for a shorter wait.
- The last row in the StarSpeeders offers the most movement.
- This attraction opened on January 9, 1987.
- When it opened, the StarSpeeder 3000 was the same type of simulator used by the military for training pilots.
- The PeopleMover and the Rocket Rods used to travel through the Star Tours queue.
- While waiting in the queue, listen for pages to a few notable names including Mr. Tom Morrow and another for Egroeg Sacul. Tom Morrow, of course, is a play on words and Egroeg Sacul spelled backwards is George Lucas!
- The robot at the weapons inspection booth in the queue was formerly an Audio-Animatronic goose in the former America Sings attraction.
- The voice of Rex, your co-pilot, is Paul Rubens, better known as Pee-Wee Herman.
- Star Tours was the second attraction created by Disney and George Lucas. It replaced Adventure Thru Inner Space in 1987.
Safety and Accessibility
- Safety Considerations: You should be in good health and free from high blood pressure, heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness, or other conditions that could be aggravated by this adventure. Expectant mothers should not ride. Young children should be accompanied by an adult.
- Wheelchair Accessible: No. Guests must be able to transfer from wheelchair or ECV to experience this attraction.
- Hearing Disability Services: No.
- Visual Disability Services: No.
- Service Animals: Not allowed.
See Template:Youtube for placing videos on MouseInfo.
Star Tours was originally proposed to be a simulator in which riders were able to choose what route they went. This was to be themed around a Disney live-action movie, The Black Hole, but was shelved due to enormous costs and the film's lack of success.
A few years later, Disney proposed the use of Star Wars in one of their attractions to George Lucas. After he approved, Disney bought four flight simulators and rethemed them while Lucas oversaw the movie that was being created.
When both parts of the project were completed, a programmer sat inside one of the simulators, dubbed the "StarSpeeder 3000", and programmed the pitches and drops to the film.
At the 2009 D23 Convention, it was announced that Star Tours: The Adventures Continue will be replacing Star Tours with updated technology and a new film. It has also been announced that the new ride will feature a High Definition film in 3D format, along with multiple destinations that your StarSpeeder can travel to.
MI Community Contributions
- Find Related Discussions
- Visit the MI Boards to ask questions or just chat about Star Tours (Disneyland Resort).
- Find Related Photos
- Visit the MI Galleries for more photos of Star Tours (Disneyland Resort).
Around the Globe: