+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Vamos Mexico! MI Premium Member Sir_Cliff's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dlfreak View Post
    Wowza that's a pretty strong review! I've always been mildly interested in going to IOA or Universal for that matter but we've only been to Florida twice and neither time were we really wooed.
    I've always felt that kind of mild interest as well. But then every time I've been there since it opened when it's come to the crunch the pull away from WDW has never been strong enough.

I have heard the complaint about maintenance not being great from fans and non-fans alike, so it does seem to be an issue. Despite the generally positive early reviews I read online, for some reason attendance has never really been all that spectacular either. Harry Potter seems to be their best chance of turning that around, though, and this addition will undoubtedly get more worldwide media attention than the park's opening did in the first place.

MouseInfo Preferred Member MI Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Cliff View Post
    I have heard the complaint about maintenance not being great from fans and non-fans alike, so it does seem to be an issue.
    Things are improving: http://www.orlandounited.com/forums/showthread.php?3038-Islands-of-Adventure-Parkwide-Rehab

Their very active Potter thread might also be of interest: http://www.orlandounited.com/forums/showthread.php?9-The-Wizarding-World-Of-Harry-Potter

Don't FUSS with me. :) MI Premium Member
    MI Administrator
    Images
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    LIKE us at Facebook.com/MouseInfo

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive. If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

MI Administrator
    Images
    Official website launched with some teasers...

Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey

Enter through the towering castle gates and make your way through the familiar passageways and coorditors of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. You'll visit iconic locations such as Dumbledore's office, the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom, the Gryffindor common room, the Room of Requirement, and more. Then get ready to soar above coming face-to-face with an array of magical creatures! This amazing new attraction uses groundbreaking, state-of-the-art technology (and a little magic) to create a one of a kind ride experience.

Three Broomsticks
    Three Broomsticks is a rustic tavern where visitors to Hogsmeade can come to share a pint of Butterbeer or pumpkin juice and dine on heary fare. In this restaurant you can choose from such entrees as "The Great Feast Platter," fish and chips, shepherd's pie, Cornish pasty, turkey legs, and fresh vegetables. Children's menu items include chicken, macaroni and cheese, fish and chips, and chicken fingers, each served with grapes and applesauce. Dessert choices include apple pie, strawberry, and peanutbetter ice cream, and chocolate trifle.

Honeydukes
    A must-stop for visitor to Hogsmeade, at Honeydukes the shelves are lined with all manner of colorful sweets, including Acid Pops, exploding bonbons, Cauldron Cakes, treacle fudge, Fizzing Whizzbees, and Chocolate Frogs ,which contain a wizard trading card in each box. Inside the shop you can fill up a bag of Bertie Bott's Every-Flavour Beans... who knows wht tasty (or not so tasty) flavors you'll discover! The shop also offers other classic favorites such as chocolates and fudge.

The Owl Post
    Look up to the timber rafters to of the arched ceilings and you'll see nearly two dozen nesting owels dozing, hooting, turning their heads, ruffling their feathres, and fluttering lazily. Numerous benches give you a place to rest too, as you take a break during your day's adventures. Cover your ears as you pass the Howler displayed at the window, and check your watch as the grand Owlery clock tower hoots on the hour. The Owl Post iself is a functioning post office, you can drop your postcards and letters into the post box and they'll be delivered with an authentic Hogsmeade postmark. The Owl Post sells a variety of stationery, writing implements, and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter stamps, as well as owl-related toys and gifts.
    The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

http://www.universalorlandoresort.co...ery/index.html
    Last edited by dlfreak; 02-04-2010 at 09:04 AM.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive. If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."

MouseInfo Club Level MI Regular Member
    Jaws didn't work properly for years and was constantly closed, same for Kong. You'd be lucky to ride either in a visit to Uni Florida for pretty much all of the 90's.
    I must be really lucky. I was stationed with the Navy in Mayport near Jacksonville from late 1994 to early 1999. Orlando was about 2 and a half hours away by car. I had an Annual Pass for Universal from early 1996 to early 1999. I rode both Kong and Jaws many times. I never recall seeing either of them closed and I got the feeling that whatever problems they were having in the earlier years of the park's operation had been resolved for quite a while. Problems? Yes. But I think they ironed out the major wrinkles pretty early on.

MI Administrator
    Images
    Tons of AWESOME shots here, looks like exteriors are almost done...

The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter

Check out that SHOWBUILDING! Looks bigger than the real Hogwarts itself!
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"

2,000 Plus Club Member MI Premium Member Disneymomof4's Avatar
    Images
    Awesome pics! Wish it would come to US Hollywood!
    I miss Animazement!!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dlfreak View Post
    Tons of AWESOME shots here, looks like exteriors are almost done...

The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter

Check out that SHOWBUILDING! Looks bigger than the real Hogwarts itself!
    WOW! I hope to make it back to WDW this summer, looks like a Uni trip is needed, not the biggest fan of Harry Potter, but it looks great.

I wonder if you can go on that bridge across the castle?

Agree dlfreak that show building looks massive!
    "Tomorrow will be better for as long as America keeps alive the ideals of freedom and a better life." Walt Disney

Formerly Figaro22.

forbidden journey looks epic!!! i'm partial about the permi-winter hogsmeade though... but still cool!!!

are they going to paint the dragon ride? the electric blue and red look waaay out of place!!! in the newest ad, it looks like they're yellowish green...

MouseInfo Preferred Member MI Regular Member
    Dead topic, but I've found some nice up-to-date photos of the area if anyone's interested.

THIS IS BRIANDOM: Wizarding World of Harry Potter Construction Update: 3/22/10

Thread Information