• Danny Elfman and Amy Lee at the El Capitan for Nightmare Before Christmas 3D!

For one week only you can experience the magic of Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas in 3D at Hollywood's El Capitan Theater!

1. Enjoy the Oogie Sundae sundae which features pumpkin pie ice cream packed with creepy-crawly candy pests, and topped with ooie-gooey green marshmallows, whipped cream, and a cherry! 2. Director Don Hahn was available before the opening night panel to sign copies of his book.3. As seen in the New York Times, and sold exclusively at the El Capitan Theatre, the "I'm Green and I Vote" Kermit tee!

1. Theater organist Rob Richards fantastic as always. 2. Don Hahn led the panel discussion this year.3. There was only one panelist this year but that very special person was Danny Elfman who, among a LONG list of impressive works, composed the musical score for the Nightmare Before Christmas.

Don Hahn talked with Elfman about his musical career, his early beginnings, how he got involved in music (and not biology as he originally envisioned), his time in Paris, the forming of Oingo Boingo, and his experience with Tim Burton to compose the music for the film.You can download audio from the full discussion at this link.

Elfman also confirmed that he's doing the musical score for Tim Burton's upcoming Alice in Wonderland feature and that he's also composing his first ever stage musical around the life of Harry Houdini. http://www.youtube.com/v/FGnYKRw7RLo
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Danny Elfman and Amy Lee at the El Capitan for Nightmare Before Christmas 3D! started by dlfreak View original post
    Comments 2 Comments
      Is anybody making it down this year? It's a really short engagement... ends on the 22nd.
      Danny Elfman is awesome and one of my favorite musicians. Oingo Boingo is freaking amazing.
  • Recent Articles