• December 8, 2013 - Kurt Russell narrates Candlelight Procession and Ceremony at Disneyland

On Sunday, December 8, 2013 we had the opportunity to see the 2013 Candlelight Procession and Ceremony at Disneyland. We were invited to see the 5:30pm performance which was narrated by Kurt Russell. Conductor Nancy Sulahian led the Candlelight Choir, featured guitarist, soloists, orchestra, bell choir, and fanfare trumpeters through the time-cherished tradition.

In 1958, Walt Disney began the Candlelight Processional & Ceremony as a way to show his gratitude to the local community. Carrying lit candles, hundreds of choir members proceed down Main Street, USA to fill the Main Street Train Station. Comprised of Cast Members and community choirs the group sings classical hymns inbetween the telling of the Christmas story.

Venus shone bright over the park while the candlelight processional (hard to see on the right) makes its way onto the platforms over the Train Station.

The lights were all turned off on Main Street (except for the holiday garlands) while the processional made its way down the street carrying candles.

Conductor Nancy Sulahian.

Kurt Russell was the narrator.

THE END!
    Comments 1 Comment
      I was so happy to get to see the 8:00 show last night. I try to see it every year, because I love it. There were two parts that were omitted this year though, and I'm not sure why......"Do You Hear What I Hear?" and the poem they always do at the end "One Solitary Life" (Not sure of the exact title.). Two of my favorite parts! Anyone know why this has been changed. It seems like they never change anything from year to year!Thank you sooooo much for the video and pics!