• MouseInfo News Desk RSS Feed

by Published on 09-15-2011 12:39 PM
    Categories:
    1. Movie Review
    Article Preview

If you were like most high school seniors, your days leading up to May or June, were filled with thoughts about two monumental events in your life, graduation and prom. For me, as soon as September came along and it was the start of senior year, I was busy every weekend trying to find that perfect dress to wear to prom. If you were like me, then the Blu-ray release of Disney's Prom will surely bring up those memories of that night.

by Published on 09-15-2011 12:01 AM
    Categories:
    1. Magic Off the Record
    Article Preview

Welcome to the first installment of “Magic Off the Record”, a web series where I, a current (anonymous) Disneyland Resort Cast Member will share some of the stories and secrets that lie behind those “Cast Member Only” gates.

In my efforts here on MouseInfo, I'll try to post an article every week or two and try to answer any questions you might have. Questions about my identity notwithstanding. Obviously, names and personalities will be changed to protect the identities of those involved.
    by Published on 09-14-2011 04:27 PM
    Categories:
    1. Press Release
    Article Preview

New Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, Is a Family Paradise with a Touch of Disney Magic in Hawaii

Guests of All Ages Will Discover the Beauty, Stories and Fun of the Islands

KO OLINA, Hawaii –
    Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, combines the beauty and spirit of the Hawaiian islands with the magic of Disney storytelling and guest service, creating an unforgettable family vacation experience.
    by Published on 09-10-2011 03:30 PM
    Categories:
    1. Movie Review
    2. Scoop
    Article Preview

It's abundantly clear that 3D technology is the big new thing and Disney has been giving some of its older titles the 3D treatment to engage audiences once again in the storied classics. Beauty and the Beast is perhaps the most recent addition right behind The Lion King which is also building up some promotional steam.

We had the opportunity last weekend to be invited to the El Capitan to enjoy the Beauty and the Beast in glorious stereoscopic 3D (and even got a look at the Breakfast with Belle).
    by Published on 09-10-2011 01:30 PM
    Article Preview

With The Lion King 3D about to be released for the first time in theaters on September 16th and on Blu-ray 3D October 4th, we step back in time to uncover some fun facts and top secrets about the animated 1995 blockbuster…

by Published on 09-09-2011 10:40 PM
    Article Preview

After now experiencing two D23 Expo's, I was looking back on this year's events and while I did have fun, there are certain things that I wish could have happened for a bit more of that "Disney" touch of magic.

I'm not one of those people that took to the D23 Expo surveys and wrote all negative responses, because overall my experience was amazing. But if I was in charge, there's a few things I would have changed for the D23 Expo 2011!
    by Published on 09-09-2011 12:48 PM
    Categories:
    1. Press Release
    Article Preview

Whether ‘Playing the Castle’ or Another Stage Sept. 9-10, 2011 Night of Joy Acts Are Among Contemporary Christian’s Most-Talented

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Many Christian music artists consider they’vereally arrived if they “play the Castle” at Disney’s Night of Joy. That being the case, Jeremy Camp, Newsboys, Skillet, Jars of Clay, TobyMac and MercyMe have “really arrived”: Each will be doing a concert on the Cinderella Castle Stage during the Sept. 9-10, 2011, event in Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort.
    by Published on 09-08-2011 11:33 AM
    Categories:
    1. Press Release
    Article Preview

Hong Kong Disneyland’s Expansion Countdown Clock Ticking Down Putting imagination in action, Asia’s only Toy Story Land ready for opening in mid Nov

(Hong Kong, September 8, 2011) -- Hong Kong Disneyland Resort continues to grow and constantly create new and unique experiences, drawing upon the core Disney strengths of storytelling and putting imagination in action, inspiring people’s creativity in life. The next chapters of the Park’s tale are being unveiled with the imminent completion of its expansion bringing Hong Kong three original areas – Toy Story Land, Grizzly Gulch and Mystic Point. The first themed area will be completed and open to public in mid November this year with the launch of the exclusive-to-Asia Toy Story Land, already in its final stage of preparation.
    by Published on 09-08-2011 08:30 AM
    Categories:
    1. Scoop
    Article Preview

Disney has just officially announced the slate of offerings for the upcoming Halloween season at the Disneyland Resort and it once again includes your chance to meet and greet with various Disney villains.
    by Published on 09-07-2011 09:18 PM
    Categories:
    1. Press Release
    Article Preview

Separate-ticket ‘Mickey’s Halloween Party’ Offers Trick-or-Treating
    In Disneyland Park on 10 Special Nights

ANAHEIM, Calif. (Sept. 7, 2011) – The spirit of Halloween Time will invade Disneyland Resort this fall with Disney villains, Mickey Mouse and his friends in Halloween costumes, along with the seasonal transformations of Haunted Mansion into Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain into Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy. Halloween Time at Disneyland Resort begins Friday, Sept. 16, and will continue through Halloween, Monday, Oct. 31.
    by Published on 09-07-2011 11:38 AM
    Article Preview

Due to popular demand, we've brought back the MouseInfo Shoutbox! If you visit the MIboards, you'll notice that the Shoutbox is back and more robustly featured than ever before! So come in and shout a spell!
    by Published on 09-06-2011 12:49 PM
    Categories:
    1. Press Release
    Article Preview

Port Canaveral Bound Disney Fantasy Cruise Ship Adds Final Building Block

PAPENBURG, GERMANY (Sept. 3, 2011) — The final building block for the newest Disney Cruise Line ship, the Disney Fantasy, was placed today at the Meyer Werft shipyard signaling completion of a major milestone in the ship’s overall construction. The final block placed was a 265-ton portion of the ship’s bow, complete with the signature Disney Cruise Line golden filigree.
    by Published on 09-04-2011 02:27 PM
    Categories:
    1. Pictorial / Video
    Article Preview

We arrived bright and early to the Disneyland Resort (5am on the dot, to be precise) for the 6th annual Disneyland Half Marathon. After parking at the Mickey and Friends parking structure, we made our way to the start line to see the eager happy faces ready to embark on the 13.1 mile course that leads through the Disneyland Resort, over to Angel's stadium and back!

Humberto Rojas from Fountain Valley, CA finished first and celebrity runner Drew Carrey achieved a personal best time. In all, more than 20,500 runners participated in the weekend of events, setting an event record.

Whitney Henderson, from the San Francisco area, began her journey in Ft. Lauderdale, FL on June 1 to make her way to California BY FOOT to participate in the Disneyland Half Marathon. The final leg of her trip concluded in Seal Beach, CA after running in the race! She participated on behalf of Souls for Souls and Charity Water.

Participants who completed the Half Marathon received the newly-created medal designed around Disneyland Resort’s iconic Sleeping Beauty Castle.
    by Published on 09-04-2011 10:46 AM
    Categories:
    1. Press Release
    Article Preview

Californian Runner Humberto Rojas Cruises To Disneyland Half Marathon Victory

Louisiana runner repeats as women’s division winner; Celebrity Drew Carey finishes with personal best time; Half marathon field pushes race weekend total to new event record
    by Published on 09-04-2011 07:30 AM
    Article Preview

Another Disneyland Half Marathon has come and gone. Winners in all categories have already crossed the finish line as the race continues into the afternoon where all 62,000 entrants will attempt to complete the course!

We'll have full coverage up soon including tons of pics and some video, too. Pictured here you can see Rachel Booth who came in first for the women's category. Booth also brought home the gold last year at the Disneyland Half Marathon.

Image gallery is available now!

Click here for full coverage!

• Recent Articles