• Movies and Television RSS Feed

by Published on 09-20-2011 04:34 PM
    Article Preview

TAKING TO THE SKIES EMMY AWARD®-WINNING ACTOR JON CRYER LEADS THE WAY IN “PLANES” AN ALL-NEW, CG-ANIMATED FEATURE FILM FROM DISNEYTOON STUDIOS

BURBANK, Calif. – August 20, 2011 – Dusty, the small-town crop-duster from DisneyToon Studios‟ upcoming feature “Planes,” has found his voice: Emmy Award®-winning actor Jon Cryer, lands the role of the daring dreamer who takes on the most notoriously grueling air race in history, and in the process gives a spellbound world the inspiration to soar. “Planes,” an all-new, CG-animated comedy action adventure, flies into homes on Blu-ray™ and DVD in Spring 2013.
    by Published on 09-16-2011 01:31 PM
    Categories:
    1. Movie Review
    Article Preview

To be 100% honest with you MI’ers, heading into our screening of the “Lion King” in 3D I wasn’t entirely sold on the concept of turning already-overly-rereleased 2D animated classics into 3D. Having seen snippets of “Beauty and the Beast” in 3D at the D23 Expo back in 2009, I was impressed but not entirely convinced the effort was worth Disney’s time. After seeing the “Lion King,” however, my opinion has shifted.

While I don’t think they need to do this for every movie in their arsenal, for a limited number of films I think this could work very well. It was visually and audibly stunning, mostly due to the superior quality afforded by today’s digital projectors and state-of-the-art sound systems.
    by Published on 09-10-2011 01:30 PM
    Article Preview

With The Lion King 3D about to be released for the first time in theaters on September 16th and on Blu-ray 3D October 4th, we step back in time to uncover some fun facts and top secrets about the animated 1995 blockbuster…

by Published on 08-31-2011 09:37 AM
    Categories:
    1. Movie Review
    Article Preview

I have only seen a handful of Phineas and Ferb episodes, but that's because I'm a new fan to the humorous show. Sure, it premiered in 2008 so I'm a little late to the party but the mischevious brothers only came to my attention when they got their Rockin' Rollin' Street Party at DCA.

Since the premiere of the theme park show, I have given the show a shot I have absolutely loved what I've seen! I always knew Phineas and Ferb to be a mature and witty Disney Channel show and now I'm happy to say I'm a fan.

What worried me about a Disney tv-show-to-movie is that it usually just means two or three episodes combined together. Lucky for us fans, this isn't really the case for Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension.
    by Published on 07-26-2011 10:49 AM
    Categories:
    1. Press Release
    Article Preview

Pontiac, MI., July 25, 2011—Walt Disney Pictures’ fantastical adventure “Oz The Great and Powerful,” directed by Sam Raimi, went in front of the cameras at the brand-new Raleigh Studios in Pontiac, Michigan, on Monday, July 25, 2011, boasting a stellar cast that includes Academy Award®
    by Published on 07-26-2011 10:00 AM
    Article Preview

Pontiac, MI., July 25, 2011—Walt Disney Pictures’ fantastical adventure “Oz The Great and Powerful,” directed by Sam Raimi, went in front of the cameras at the brand-new Raleigh Studios in Pontiac, Michigan, on Monday, July 25, 2011, boasting a stellar cast that includes Academy Award®

• Recent Articles