• Music Beat RSS Feed

by Published on 02-12-2015 06:00 PM
    Categories:
    1. Scoop
    Article Preview

Broadway.com has just shared that Alex Timbers is set to direct the upcoming FROZEN musical for Broadway. It has also been confirmed that Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez will be writing new songs for the adaptation of the movie.

Timbers is perhaps best known by Disney fans for his Tony nomination for the popular PETER AD THE STARCATCHER musical.

Nothing official yet on the date for FROZEN on Broadway but look out for it sometime in 2017!
    by Published on 01-09-2015 06:30 PM
    Categories:
    1. Scoop
    Article Preview

KINKY BOOTS was the first musical in a while that I went to go see without knowing an ounce of the show. I have heard some of the music before and of course knew it won the Tony award for Best Musical, but beyond that I was going in blind. And to my surprise I actually fell in love with it!
    by Published on 01-08-2015 01:00 PM
    Article Preview

Disney VISA card members are allowed to purchase VIP ticket packages for ALADDIN ON BROADWAY performances now through July 5, 2015. You just need to enter Offer Code: E + first 4 digits of your card! The VIP packages the following:
    • Premium seating
    • Complimentary, non-alcoholic beverage in a commemorative cup
    • Souvenir lanyard with a pin
    • Keepsake photograph
    Buy tickets now!
    by Published on 11-07-2014 07:00 AM
    Categories:
    1. Press Release
    Article Preview

INTO THE WOODS
    is coming Wallis Center for the Performing Arts in Beverly Hills with the Oregon Shakespeare Festival’s critically acclaimed production of the Tony Award-winning show. The winter engagement will go from December 2 - 21.
    by Published on 11-06-2014 07:00 AM
    Categories:
    1. Press Release
    2. Scoop
    Article Preview

SLEEPING BEAUTY AND HER WINTER PRINCE has found its prince and he hails from the magical kingdom known for its royal characters. Disney Channel's Garrett Clayton, perhaps best known for his role in TEEN BEACH MOVIE, has recently been announced for the role of the prince in the upcoming Pasadena Playhouse production.

The cast also features previously announced Disney Channel darling Olivia Holt as well as Lucy Lawless, David Engel, Tamyra Gray, and Ben Giroux.
    by Published on 10-22-2014 12:03 PM
    Categories:
    1. Press Release
    Article Preview

SLEEPING BEAUTY and Her Winter Knight is coming to the PASADENA PLAYHOUSE from December 10 - January 4 and it promises a notable cast. Among those included in the cast announcement are Lucy Lawless, Tamayra Gray, Olivia Holt, David Engel, and Ben Giroux.

The updated version of the classic Grimm fairytale, performed in the style of a traditional British family Panto, promises to be a musical adventure that features family-friendly magic, with a comedic twist, dancing (with “So You Think You Can Dance” alumni), a live pony, interaction with the audience and contemporary music from Jessie J's "Domino" to John Legend's "All Of Me,” Pharrell Williams "Happy" to Survivor's "Eye of The Tiger" and more.
    by Published on 10-14-2014 03:24 PM
    Article Preview

The BIG HERO 6 original motion picture soundtrack will be available at digital retail on November 4 and on CD November 24
    th featuring an original song from FALL OUT BOY called “Immortals.” The soundtrack includes score from Henry Jackman (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Captain Phillips” and “Wreck-It-Ralph”). Pre-order for the album begins today.

• Recent Articles