+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 21 ... LastLast
    Don't FUSS with me. :) MI Premium Member
    MI Administrator
    Images

Blue Sky Cellar and other DCA Expansion News!

We just got back from our DVC member event right now and boy are we tired. We had a blast and are ready to drop dead in bed but I thought I'd share some of the new info we got about the upcoming DCA stuff straight from the proverbial horses' mouths!

We were kindly asked not to photograph or video unfortunately and being the good little Disneyland citizen that I am, I did not snap a photo or video a single bit. There was not a whole lot of new stuff we saw anyway, nothing very revealing except for a stylized painting of the entire park which looked awesome. It was obviously a bit older as it had a parachute drop ride in place of Maliboomer and there was a giant Mickey atop Muppets 3D. That was the only thing I could really make out in the map aside from the obvious additions that we already know about.

First off, the recently closed Seasons of the Vine will soon be turned into the Blue Sky Cellar and will be the new DCA Expansion Preview center to find all the new concept art and models for the upcoming expansion. This should be opening in August.

The Walt Disney Plaza and the entrance remodel is supposed to be completed just in time for DCA's 10th Anniversary in 2011. At this time, the Blue Sky Cellar will close as the Preview center and the displays will be moved into the more spacious Carthay Circle Theater to continue highlighting the remaining changes to Paradise Pier and the new Carsland.

By all accounts the Red Car seemed to be a 100% greenlit and approved attraction coming to the park, they showed models and concept art of it and spent a good deal of time talking about it.

Now up until this point I understood that the new parade route would be routed through the new Carsland and back down to the Pier that way. However, during during the Expo/mingle I overheard a group of people talking about it. Again, these could be completely uninformed people, but the little snippet I heard from their conversation was about entertainment being upset about the parade route having to navigate under the HPB archway and that Pixar Play parade wouldn't fit underneath it. Again, this conflicts what seems to be the going word that the parade will no longer travel through the front of the park so I'm taking that one with a grain of salt. Still something interesting, I thought, if it's true.

They talked a bit about Carsland. They mentioned the new Radiator Springs Racers attraction which by all accounts sounds like a phenomenal undertaking for DCA. One thing I didn't hear mentioned before was that at the end of the ride, Luigi and Guido would flag down the end of the race and then the two racing commentators would be there commenting on your race and looking over at the monitor looking at your photo-finish crossing the finish line. It kinda seemed like it would be interactive like Roz although there was no indication of that based on what they said.

Also, although there were a few brief glimpses of the Drive-in among the concept art, it was never mentioned once. They showed a few concept art pieces of Mater's Junkyard Jamboree and that the theme was that Mater gathered up some of the baby tractors to have a hootin' good time square dancing in the junkyard and Mater's there hootin' and hollerin' in the center of it all. They also showed a few pieces of art for the new Luigi's Roamin' Tires, nothing I don't think we haven't seen already. They also specifically mentioned Flo's Diner and showed a guy munching on a giant hamburger and they showed Lizzie's Curio shop, as well.

Hmm... my mind is drawing blanks now but I'm certain there's a few other things we learned but that should be the meat of it! If we remember anything else we'll be sure to follow up here. We'll be at the parks tomorrow too and hopefully have an update for everybody tomorrow evening so also look out for that!

Enjoyyyy the rest of your holiday weekend!!!
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    LIKE us at Facebook.com/MouseInfo

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive. If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

2,000 Plus Club Member MI Regular Member MagicWDI's Avatar
    Images
    Very exciting indeed! Thanks for the great info, dlfreak!
    Fabio (MagicWDI) | Cinderella is my favorite!

Images
    Wow thanks for all the info dlfreak! I like the name Blue Sky Cellar, sounds good to me to move it to the Theater once it opens.

Is it late or early August for its opening? Im hopeing it gets done early since I'll be there in mid-July.
    "Tomorrow will be better for as long as America keeps alive the ideals of freedom and a better life." Walt Disney

Formerly Figaro22.

MI Administrator
    Images
    All they said was August!
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive. If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."

Images
    We were there too, and it was a fun presentation. OH... and when they mentioned the Red Cars, the room broke out in applause. Guess there are quite a few Red Car supporters out there.

MI Administrator
    Images
    ^Yea that caught me by surprise, all the applause. I'm not sure what that was about as it seemed most of the people seemed to be uninformed about the expansion stuff. They seemed really excited about the red car though, haha. There was also oohs and ahhs of excitement when they mentioned that there was a Little Mermaid ride coming.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"

2,000 Plus Club Member MI Regular Member ismael flores's Avatar
    Images
    great info. sounds like someone is still geting the parade route confused.

If i remember correctly the first idea was to have it run thru HPB but was later scrapped because WDI and others do not want to clog the entrance with the parade.

Also that would require a wide parade corridor which they rather utilize for garden and theming.

I know the parade route situation during construction has been a debate for awhile. One consideration at one point was to actually have it go thru condor flats and grizzley while the entrance was under construction. Imagine the expense in re-doing the pathway and landscaping just to have a parade temporarily go thru grizzley peak that walkway is not wide enough for that

Images
    It also sounded like most of the additions would be completed by 2011, and Carsland by 2012... but I think we knew that. There was no mention of Hollywoodland or anything happening at Grizzly Peak. Now, this could be that those are relatively small changes, and I think they wanted to focus on bigger, impressive stuff.

MI Administrator
    Images
    Or for second phase.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"

Poll Master MI News and Info Editor
    MI Lead Moderator
    Images
    Interesting stuff. Thanks for the info!

Quasifrodo, MouseInfo's resident Hairy-footed Hunchback, recommends that you read the MouseInfo Guidelines. If you do not heed this warning, the ghost of Frollo will haunt you in your sleep for the foreseeable future. Happy trails!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information