Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I finally found my Prince MI Regular Member fairytalelover's Avatar

Re: Do Disney employees get free park tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by refurbmike
    First of all, relax. Not all of us sit in this thread wanting to answer questions.

The silver pass merely gives you more privildges, but it also has black-out dates.

And there is a limit to how many people you can sign in on a day and I believe there is an annual limit as well.
    But does an employee get free access as soon as he becomes an employee? Or would it behouve the employee to renew their annual pass?
    "I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request. That means NO."

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on Facebook

Former MI Addict MI Regular Member Santa Monica's Avatar
    Images

Once you are hired in, you yourself can get into the parks for free using your employee ID card.

If you are a CR (Casual Regular) or full time CM, after a six month probation, you will get a main gate pass in the mail which lets you sign in 3 people per day (used as a park hopper) for 16 times a year. I hear they have many many more days blocked out nowadays than 2 years ago.

If you are a seasonal (CT) CM, you do not get a main gate pass.

But, Team Disney sends out 2 complimentary passes twice a year to all employees that you can either use yourself on a blockout day or give to someone else. I think those come in the mail in July and November. This was a perk 3 years ago when i worked there, so things might have changed.
    Just here. Nowhere.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Santa Monica
    Once you are hired in, you yourself can get into the parks for free using your employee ID card.

How about spouses? My mother in law can get in when she likes since her husband works there. Is that because he has worked there for years or do all employees of the Disney company get that?

Former MI Addict MI Regular Member Santa Monica's Avatar
    Images

You're gonna have to ask Driftwood's spouse for that answer.
    Just here. Nowhere.

MouseInfo Silver Club MI Regular Member dizfan's Avatar
    Disneyland Park - Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Santa Monica

If you are a CR (Casual Regular) or full time CM, after a six month probation,
    It's actually just three months probation. We only got a few days more that are blocked out for Disneyland, but many many more for DCA.
    "Disneyland is our greatest achievement. Disneyland was first and set the pattern for others to follow."
    - Disney Legend John Hench, Walt Disney Imagineering

MI Webmaster MI Administrator Sydney's Avatar
    Images

The Silver pass is given either to hourly CMs that have worked at the park for a very long time (last I heard it was 15 years or around there) or to Salaried CMs above a certain point. It is basically like a main gate pass except with no limit on the number of days it can be used per year. they still have limits on how many people can be signed in per day and still have blockout days. the Gold pass is very rare, and is given to very very few people. (Art Linkletter has one, John Wayne had one, etc, etc.) From my understanding, those are basically lifetime passes. All of these passes are good in Florida as well.

While were on the subject of "sign-in" perks, club 33 cards can be used to bring the member plus one guest into the park (with hopping priveledges) any day of the year.
    Last edited by Sydney; 08-27-2004 at 09:17 PM.

MouseInfo Silver Club MI Regular Member dizfan's Avatar
    Disneyland Park - Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney
    All of these passes are good in Florida as well.
    And in Paris as well.
    "Disneyland is our greatest achievement. Disneyland was first and set the pattern for others to follow."
    - Disney Legend John Hench, Walt Disney Imagineering

2,000 Plus Club Member MI Regular Member disney rocker's Avatar
    Images

Why not in Tokyo?
    Quote Originally Posted by ExClub
    Once I was the shiznit. Now I'm the shiznot.
    Official President of The ExClub Avatar Fan Club!

Alias Forever! MI Regular Member Briguy1314's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fairytalelover
    How about spouses? My mother in law can get in when she likes since her husband works there. Is that because he has worked there for years or do all employees of the Disney company get that?
    your spouse counts as one of your sign ins. you can only sign in 16 times a year.

there is no employee pass that will get your spouse in without the CM being there.

Quote Originally Posted by Briguy1314
    your spouse counts as one of your sign ins. you can only sign in 16 times a year.

there is no employee pass that will get your spouse in without the CM being there.
    Well the Silver pass does. Because my mother in law goes to DL all the time without her husband who is the employee.

Thread Information