26 April 2005
“REMEMBER… DREAMS COME TRUE” FIREWORKS SPECTACULAR PREMIERES DURING “HAPPIEST HOMECOMING ON EARTH”
Most Elaborate Pyrotechnics in Disneyland History Features
New Flight For Tinker Bell
ANAHEIM, Calif. (April 26, 2005) – To commemorate the 50th anniversary of Disneyland Park in grand style, Disney technicians, artists and Imagineers have developed “Remember ... Dreams Come True” (presented by American Honda Motor Company, Inc.), the most elaborate nighttime spectacular ever staged at the Disneyland Resort. The all-new fireworks extravaganza will premiere on May 5, 2005 with the launch of the Disneyland 50th anniversary “Happiest Homecoming On Earth” celebration.
Using the skies over Disneyland as its canvas “Remember…Dreams Come True” illustrates the power of wishes and dreams and incorporates state-of-the-art pyrotechnics, lighting and sound technologies to amaze Disneyland guests as never before. This truly epic and awe-inspiring show will also feature an entirely new interpretation of Tinker Bell’s famous flight over Sleeping Beauty Castle.
From the earliest days of Disneyland, Tinker Bell has been the official hostess of “The Happiest Place On Earth” and now, as part of “Remember . . . Dreams Come True,” Disneyland guests will see her in a truly unprecedented presentation (a first for any Disney theme park in the world). Beginning with a dramatic launch from the peak of the Matterhorn (approximately 13 stories high), the famous pixie will follow an astonishing 500 foot long flight pattern (sustaining air speeds of up to 20 mph). Illuminated with “pixie dust,” Tinker Bell will literally dip, glide and soar over Fantasyland.
Five spectacular “Acts” comprise “Remember . . . Dreams Come True”:
• Magic Starts With a Wish – The show begins with an elegant vocal introduction by Hollywood legend Julie Andrews, Honorary Ambassador of the “Happiest Homecoming on Earth.”
• Our Disney Storybook Friends - Beloved Disney characters – including Cinderella, Aladdin, and Pinocchio – share their individual “wishes” through dazzling special effects, soaring music and brilliant fireworks.
• Tinker Bell Unlocks the Magic – Tinker Bell makes an entirely new and unbelievable appearance, reminiscent of her flights of fancy from the familiar opening sequence of The Wonderful World of Disney television series. Her appearance will amaze audiences and defy explanation as she enchants Sleeping Beauty Castle.
• Walt’s Dream – “E-Tickets in the Sky” - The audience will be reminded of the wish that started it all - - Walt Disney’s dream of Disneyland, explained in Walt’s own words using archival audio tracks. What follows is an exciting and heart-warming journey through the various lands of Disneyland – each to be depicted through favorite Disneyland songs, familiar phrases from some of the Park’s most popular attractions (nearly 25 highlighted from the past and present) and illustrated through the enchantment of fireworks.
• Wishes Everlasting – Tinker Bell returns and enchants the entire Park as the show concludes with a heart-tugging and unforgettable golden finale of Disney wishes, reminding everyone of the timeless magic of Disneyland.
The show features over 25 familiar Disney tunes and Disneyland attraction themes recorded by a 72-piece orchestra and showcases over 80 pieces of attraction music, sound effects, familiar vocal sound-bites and voice-overs. Custom pyrotechnics were developed specifically for the show and include such unique colors as black rose, neon pink, rose amber and steel blue. Custom specialty shells include Cubes, Eye Pattern, Bulls-Eye, Kaleidoscope, Happy Face, Twisting Bees, Steel Blue Jelly Fish, Blooming Flower and Scintillating Star Pattern
“Remember . . . Dreams Come True” joins an incredible array of new innovative adventures and astonishing entertainment premiering at the Disneyland Resort during its 50th anniversary “Happiest Homecoming On Earth” celebration, launching May 5, 2005. Other highlights include the fun-filled and interactive “Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters” inspired by a Walt Disney Pictures presentation of a Pixar Animation Studios film, “Toy Story 2,” in Tomorrowland, an exciting re-Imagineered “Space Mountain,” the spectacle of “Walt Disney’s Parade of Dreams,” the engaging and interactive historical retrospective “Disneyland: The First 50 Magical Years” and the energetic “Block Party Bash” where Disney presents the Pixar Film Pals at Disney’s California Adventure park.
The 50th anniversary will also be celebrated globally via the “Happiest Celebration On Earth” (Disney’s first-ever global celebration), and will be highlighted by the introduction of spectacular new shows and attractions at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida; Tokyo Disney Resort in Japan; and Disneyland Resort Paris in France, plus the first west coast itinerary for the Disney Cruise Line and the opening of Hong Kong Disneyland (September 12, 2005).
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
04-29-2005 09:18 PM #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2000
- San Diego,CA, USA
“remember… Dreams Come True” Fireworks Spectacular Premieres During “happiest Homecom
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By InwardSinger in forum Disneyland ResortReplies: 10Last Post: 10-03-2006, 06:25 PM
By Nemo88 in forum Disneyland ResortReplies: 35Last Post: 01-07-2006, 09:36 PM
By PinkTink in forum Disneyland ResortReplies: 16Last Post: 07-10-2005, 09:37 AM
By Jennifer in forum Disneyland ResortReplies: 0Last Post: 04-29-2005, 09:17 PM
By Sydney in forum Disneyland ResortReplies: 37Last Post: 05-13-2004, 08:00 PM