+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    MouseInfo Participant MI Regular Member

Post Buzz coming back?

Well, as reported by many of the Disney fan sites, the idea for a Buzz Lightyear attraction in the old Rocket Rods queue has long since been killed, or at least that's what they thought. Being a cast member, I would hope that maybe I would get some inside scoops, and I finally did. After the long awaited management restructuring this week, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin has been resurrected! Since new budgets have been set and business units (groups of attractions) have been rearranged, namely the addition of Innoventions, Honey, and Monorail to the Tomorrowland Attractions unit, Buzz and Pooh are definately on! I didn't get a date but when I do, I will definatley be sharing it with Mouseinfo!
    "You have escaped Tron's game grid for now users, but take heed. Next time you may not fare so well!"

MouseInfo Regular MI Regular Member

Cool! My ten year old son will be ecstatic!!! Do you know when they will start the project and when it will be finished?

Splash Mtn Lover

I disagree. Pooh is still on. Buzz is still on hold.
    "You sure have made a fool of yourself this time." Brer Fox

The O.C. MI Regular Member DisneyPrince88's Avatar

Cool

Well i know the pooh ride is still on but i heard the Buzz ride was on hold.
    Seth Cohen: It was a liitle weird. And not like kinky weird, more like akward. But hey, you know what? It was my first time, she's a more experienced woman, that's to be expected. But I did make some faces in the middle that I wish I could take back but I can't and there was also a sort of whiny noise that came out at the end that probaly wasn't my finest hour and...I sucked so bad! I was like a fish flopping around on dry land. I was Nemo and I just wanted to go home.

I never said it wasn't on hold, in fact I was quite bummed when they did put it on hold, but my information comes from one of my Tomorrowland managers and it was right after the restructure. Thats one of the benefits of working in Tomorrowland; we'll be the first regular CM's to know about it!
    "You have escaped Tron's game grid for now users, but take heed. Next time you may not fare so well!"

Splash Mtn Lover

Unfortunately, the CM's working in the Park are usually the last to know. Buzz is still on hold. No plans are currently being made to move ahead with it.

Images

Has there been a decision yet as to do with the Rocket Rods cars or the loading/unloading area? I always make a trip on the Disneyland Railroad to see if the cars have been moved around in the maintenance bay. okay, just call me a freak. LOL

Does anyone else agree there is a lot of free space in Tomorrow?

Splash Mtn Lover

There is alot of space. I wish that there was a plan in the near future to do some fixes over there.

MouseInfo Charter Member MI Regular Member DisneyHeartJonathan's Avatar

Arrow

Originally posted by Michael:
    just call me a freak. LOL

Does anyone else agree there is a lot of free space in Tomorrow?
    ok - Freak! but I think there is alittle freak in all of us

Do you think they are trying to fill in some free space with the Buzz Show?

I'm keeping my ear to the web for any rumblings on any of the coaster site about an outside source and the rr/people movers track. (...dream a little dream for me...)
    Jonathan Telfer<br />jonathan@mouseinfo.com

Angry

SplashTodd, how are you so certain? I am a Tomorrowland Attractions Cast Member, and I know that we are the last to know, however, I didn't say that this info came from some schmoe cast member, I said it came from my manager and it is a fairly recent piece of news since it didn't surface 'till after the restructuring. Sorry, but I will believe my Tomorrowland Attractions Manager before I believe you. SO, if you can discuss your info with me before discounting my info I'd appreciate it -Jon

[ June 28, 2001: Message edited by: JonCSUFDL ]

Thread Information