+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MouseInfo Welcomed Guest MI Regular Member

Question Fastpass expiration

I heard that when you get a fastpass you can use it anytime after the time stamp, is this true? Otherwise, if I get a fastpass for a ride but we don't use it during the 'time window' could I come back the next day and use it then? I heard someone used a old fastpass two weeks after receiving it. Is this a written rule or just happens occationally depending on who you give your fastpass to on the ride?

I'm not here MI Regular Member Mickeyman187's Avatar
    Images

i don't know the facts, but i don't think it is true, maybe the FP CM thought it was a new one?? i dunno ask guest relations...or in other words, the smart people on MI

Creative Director MI Regular Member Karnever's Avatar
    Images

No you cant use a Fastpass from the Day before unless the Cm checking Passes is not paying attention... as for using one after your time period that is acceptable meaining if you have a Pass that said return between 1pm and 2 pm and you came back at 4pm that Day it is still accepted
    One of the Many Dave CMs

MouseInfo Welcomed Guest MI Regular Member

I just found the message that I read regarding the old fastpass. It ends up they were refering to using old tickets to get additional fastpasses. So it sounds like I could possible take old tickets, from previous days, and use them to get fastpasses without waiting for the 2 hours. Has anyone tried this? I am not really trying to cheat the system I was more trying to understand the rules. I doubt if I would go so far as to use old tickets.

Moderator Supremo MI Regular Member driftwood714's Avatar
    Images

While I have tested this, supposedly you can only get a FastPass ticket if your admission is scanned at the gate. So if you had used 1 day tickets from last year, they may not work because they're not "active" for the day.
    Visit the MIBoards.com Guidelines Page for rules and regulations.

DCA is a creative and marketing failure. It's so bad, it's good. That's the unofficial motto of DCA.
    - Woody 10/18/2004

MouseInfo Team Member MI Regular Member DLMAGICDARREN's Avatar

The original fast pass did not check that a day's ticket was valid, it just checked that the bar code was not scanned as having a active fastpass ticket.

So people could use yesterday's tickets, last years expired annual pass, etc. They quickly caught on what people were doing (it still amazes me the things Disney does not think of up front, build it wrong then spend twice the money to fix it, rather then just do it right up front), but alas they always to get to it eventially, and the computers were updated that you need a valid pass for Fastpass machines to issue you a fastpass.
    Darren

AIM screen name DLMAGICDARREN
    MSN screen name DLMAGICDARREN

I would like to get to know more of you able to visit to WDW. If you haven't, sign up for the www.mouseinfo.com/mousetalk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2882&perpage=25&pagenum ber=1

Moderator Supremo MI Regular Member driftwood714's Avatar
    Images

Well, all the hardware is done. From there it's pretty much just software updates.
    Visit the MIBoards.com Guidelines Page for rules and regulations.

DCA is a creative and marketing failure. It's so bad, it's good. That's the unofficial motto of DCA.
    - Woody 10/18/2004

I'm not here MI Regular Member Mickeyman187's Avatar
    Images

awww man! i always used to use my old blockout day tickets to get more Fastpasses..but it is ok, i go every weekend

MouseInfo Preferred Member MI Regular Member

Hey Mickeyman, it was fun while it lasted though, wasn't it? Hehe.

MouseInfo Gold Level

Cool

[quote]Originally posted by DLMAGICDARREN:
    ...it still amazes me the things Disney does not think of up front, build it wrong then spend twice the money to fix it, rather then just do it right up front...

That maybe true on many projects Darren, but in this case why should Disney think upfront that there would be dishonest people who would try to cheat the system? To me, it is sad that Disney had to react to a bunch of people who figured out a way to cheat the system by using expired ticket media to get more FastPass tickets than they were entitled too. That wasn't poor planning by Disney, that was a lack of integrity by a handful of guests who were not very honest.

Thread Information