+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Don't FUSS with me. :) MI Premium Member
    MI Administrator
    Images
    Let me put on the AP snob hat and hope this doesn't go into effect because then it will be much harder for just walk-in dining!! That aside, not sure this would really work here in Anaheim with so many day-trippers and local APs I wonder how well this type of program would really work. Should be interesting to see where this goes...
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    LIKE us at Facebook.com/MouseInfo

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive. If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

Images
    ^That's true. It' gonna stink for APs and walk-ins. I hope it doesn't work.
    "Take What You Can, Give Nothin' Back!"- Captain Jack Sparrow

I'm now on twitter! Follow me @pirateguy815.

Images
    How does the dining plan work?(how does WDW do it?) Do you have to make reservations or can you do walk-up dining with your vouchers? I don't like planning my day around a set dining schedule. A lot of times, I just go when its convenient between rides and shows.
    "An Investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." - Benjamin Franklin
    Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence - Robert Frost

2,000 plus club member HSM fans's Avatar
    Images
    You have to make reservation for table service meals, but you can just walk into any counter service place or snack place.
    "Here you leave today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy." -Disneyland plaque above Main Street

MouseInfo Team Member MI Lead Moderator Pinocchio85's Avatar
    Images
    It could work since people will get it just for the convenience. Overall people stay at the DLR less than WDW so it may not work in that respect. Either way it's interesting they are trying it out.

2,000 plus club member HSM fans's Avatar
    Images
    However, I like Goofy's Kitchen for dinner, but i wouldn't want to waste two points for it. The last time I went, I actually liked breakfast instead of dinner. I would waste two points though for napa rose or the blue bayou.
    "Here you leave today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy." -Disneyland plaque above Main Street

Max
    MouseInfo Regular MI Regular Member Max's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob38dizfan View Post
    How does the dining plan work?(how does WDW do it?) Do you have to make reservations or can you do walk-up dining with your vouchers? I don't like planning my day around a set dining schedule. A lot of times, I just go when its convenient between rides and shows.
    Hi Bob
    The WDW plan is an electronic tally attached to your room key ( the same way your park passes are also attached to the room key).

Everytime you use the plan (simply by telling your server or counter service CM) they will hand you the receipt with how much it would have cost and at the bottom is the number of table meals, counter meals, snacks listed that you have remaining.

You do not need reservations (but good luck getting in to a decent table service between 4pm - 8pm without them these days)

The dining plan at WDW starting off as a money saver but has declined since because they took away the included Appetizer and now have you to pay the tip out of pocket.

I have used it 3 times now (2004 / 06 /08) and it is becoming hard to justify.
    It is convenient to have but not as valuable as in 04.

The other big difference will be selection. WDW is much better than DLR for table/counter service. We usually have a hard time picking which meals to leave out in Florida - while in Cali we have a hard time finding meals we want to go back to.

Max

Don't tread on me! Lacrosse Boy's Avatar
    Images
    It wouldn't be a bad idea to include a few Downtown Disney restaurants as well. They're not really a part of the DtD dining plan at WDW, but I did get a nice $15.00 voucher for Planet Hollywood - somewhere I wouldn't have gone normally due to the exorbitant prices!
    "I like maxims that don't encourage behavior modification."

Thread Information