+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Images

Disneyland Tests Disney Dining Plan

From MousePlanet:

The Disneyland Resort will begin testing their own version of the Disney Dining Plan on Sunday, October 12, through December 20, 2008.

Cast members are just learning details of this new plan, which offers two different options: a Quick Service Meal Plan and the Dining Meal Plan. I will post an update with pricing and availability of this offer once I can verify it with Disney; those details were not include in the information distributed to most CMs today.

Visitors who choose the Quick Service Meal Plan will receive two (2) Quick Service meal vouchers and one (1) Snack voucher per person (ages 3 and up), per night of their stay.

Visitors who choose the Dining Meal Plan will receive one (1) Table Service voucher, one (1) Quick Service voucher and one (1) Snack voucher per person (ages 3 and up), per night of their stay.

Both the Table Service and Quick Service vouchers are valid for one (1) entree, one (1) dessert and one (1) non-alcoholic beverage at a participating location. Gratuity (where applicable) is not included, and children ages 3-9 must order from the children's menu where offered.

"Signature restaurants" and select Character meals require two Table Service vouchers per person.

Snack vouchers may be redeemed for a regular popcorn, churro, fresh fruit, ice cream, 20-oz drink or cotton candy from a participating location.

Table service vouchers are valid at: Cafe Orleans, Carnation Cafe, PCH Grill (dinner), Hook's Pointe, Storyteller's Cafe (lunch / dinner), Wine Country Trattoria, Yamakbuki, Lost Bar and the Surfside Lounge, as well as the character breakfasts at PCH Grill and Storytellers Cafe and the character breakfast and lunch at Goofy's Kitchen.

Signature Restaurants include Steakhouse (dinner only), Blue Bayou, Napa Rose and the Napa Rose Bar; and the "Signature" Character meals at Ariel's Grotto (lunch and dinner)and Goofy's Kitchen (dinner).

I do not yet have the list of participating Quick Service Restaurants, but there are about 30 locations. I'll post an update as soon as I have it.

It appears that the Resort will use paper vouchers during this trial period, instead of allowing guests to use their Resort Hotel keys as is the practice in Walt Disney World.

If you have an opportunity to take advantage of this program, please drop me a note and let me know what you think.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/blog.php?b=284
    Yes, our world has indeed become a world of motion. We have engineered marvels that take us swiftly over land and sea, through the air, and into space itself. And still bolder and better ideas are yet to come. Ideas that will fulfill our age old dream to be free. Free in mind. Free in spirit. Free to follow the distant star of our ancestors to a brighter tomorrow. - World of Motion (1982-1996)

Images
    Hmm, I'm not sure if that'll work. At WDW, you're pretty much a captive audience. But at Disneyland, you walk across the street and there are several cheap restaurants and a McDonads.

I guess it depends on how much it costs. Does anyone know how much it does cost?
    "Take What You Can, Give Nothin' Back!"- Captain Jack Sparrow

I'm now on twitter! Follow me @pirateguy815.

Vamos Mexico! MI Regular Member Sir_Cliff's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateGuy 815 View Post
    Hmm, I'm not sure if that'll work. At WDW, you're pretty much a captive audience. But at Disneyland, you walk across the street and there are several cheap restaurants and a McDonads.

I guess it depends on how much it costs. Does anyone know how much it does cost?
    I guess this is the idea, though. If people see it as a relatively cheap and easy add-on to their vacation package then it might precisely work to stop then taking their money elsewhere. The big problem I see is that DLR doesn't have anything like the dining options of WDW unless all the Downtown Disney restaurants are included... which most aren't at WDW. So won't everyone on the plan be restricted to just a small number of table service venues that will all end up booking out months in advance?

my wish came true MI Regular Member Mickey4ever's Avatar
    Images
    That is a great point, cause once it is booked out, you are screwed. Now if they included ESPN, and Rainforest and all the rest, it will not be such a crunch on the table service for everyone. I make my priority seating as soon as I can, but what if you could not get the times you wanted.....people with little kids will call it a waist of time, especially during peak times.

A Dream is a Wish your Heart makes

Next Trip to DL: July 5th, Oct 25th, May 2010

2,000 Plus Club Member MI Premium Member Disneymomof4's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateGuy 815 View Post

You know, I have eaten at the IHOP right across the street from Disneyland thinking I was saving money..and I was wrong. Because it is right across the street, the prices were higher then a regular IHOP. I could have done better in the park.
    I miss Animazement!!!

Images
    ^That's a good point. Although I never ate there, it must be like an aiport- all the restaurants are more expensive then the usual places.
    "Take What You Can, Give Nothin' Back!"- Captain Jack Sparrow

I'm now on twitter! Follow me @pirateguy815.

2,000 plus club member HSM fans's Avatar
    Images
    I believe it could work. Are they going to make Magic Your Way tickets for Disneyland too where you have to pay for the Park hopping option?
    "Here you leave today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy." -Disneyland plaque above Main Street

Images
    The IHOP has increased prices, but the Tony Roma's and Mimi's are normal (read: national chain) prices. Go there =)

Denny's, I think, also raises their prices. Avoid =)

Images
    Yes, Denny's had "theme park prices" when we went there. I think its kinda of a supply and demand issue. They are always busy, so they can charge more without worrying about losing customers. There are always plenty of customers due to the location.
    "An Investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." - Benjamin Franklin
    Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence - Robert Frost

MouseInfo Club Level marcimouse's Avatar
    Images
    Yeah, it's always packed at Denny's. I have eaten there nearly every trip because my boys don't really like anything Disneyland has to offer food wise...but they love Denny's...so, although it is expensive I have to make the trip across the street to feed the awnry boys so they become tolerable again.
    MarciMouse

Thread Information