+ Reply to Thread
    The Boardwalk Barker MI Regular Member

Talking Things you NEED to know about TSMM!

If done together most of the following will decrease your wait time for Toy Story Midway Mania! (TSMM!) ((I do not, in anyway, represent The Walt Disney Company or any of it's affiliates))

1) TSMM! is NOT the "rollercoaster"!

2) The wait time is always the "actual wait time". Some of the vehicles malfunction and it sometimes takes a little while for them to be up and running. This leads to longer wait times.

3) Don't taunt the Potato...he does hear you.

4) Don't sit on the white ropes with the flags on them they aren't very sturdy and you have the potential to stretch them out.

5) You CAN'T keep the 3D glasses! Why would you want to anyway? They're cheap plastic that don't work for anything else.

6) If you're in a wheel chair, you go through the main line since TSMM! and all the other cues is DCA are fulling wheelchair accessible.

7) Finish your drinks and food before getting on the attraction and throw your trash away in one of the millions of trash cans in the park!

8) The nearest bathrooms are behind King Triton's Carousel of the Sea.

9) Have the exact number of the people in your party ready for the Cast Member. Don't say "two and two" when saying "four" is just as effective.

10) Make sure your backpack is off before you get on the attraction.

11) Go to where the Grouper (the CM that tells you where to go in the rows) tells you to go. There are giant numbers on the floor! 1-4 is on the right side and 5-8 is on the left.

12) Don't ask if you can go into row where you can see each other. The ride spins!

13) Stay behind the yellow line! Common sense says that if the gate was there when it was closed before then the chances are it's going to go back to that very spot.

14) Watch your kids! (seriously)

15) If you can't do stairs please let the Grouper CM know before you get on the ride and they'll be happy to make it so you don't have to do any stairs!

16) The ramp against the wall is for "Special Guest Assistance". It's typically used for child with autism or people with serious conditions such as terminal cancer. It's also used if you need to meet up with your party.

17) Small children can go on the attraction. Lap sitting is heavy suggested.

18) You can fit three-four people in a row. Assuming that at least two of the people are children. There are, however, only two shooters.

19) There is no "front row". They're pretty much all the front row.

20) When you are seated instantly pull down on your lapbar.

21) When you get off the ride go the opposite way you came on. If people are coming towards you, you're going the wrong way.

22) If your lapbar gets stuck, push down till you hear a click then pull up.

23) Go all the way up the stairs! Don't wait on the steps for the rest of your party. If you're waiting for someone, there are benches at the top of the stairs made just for you!

24) The glasses bins at the top of the stairs are NOT trash cans!

25) If you want to take pictures of your family while in the station, please do so very quickly.

FUN FACTS:

1) All the characters in TSMM! are the actual voices of their respective actors except for Woody. It's said that Woody is done by Tom Hank's brother.

2) A TSMM! vehicle weighs more than your car!

3) On any given hour TSMM! load and unloads anywhere between 900-1300 guests.

4) The Hidden Mickey on TSMM! is in the station.

5) All 3D glasses are hand counted and sent for cleaning.

EyeBoogerMassager MI Administrator
    MI Lead Moderator
    Images
    Thanks for the fun information and welcome to the site!
    MouseInfo Moderator

2009-2010 MI Fantasy Football
    The Sonia Sotomayors

2,000 Plus Club Member MI Premium Member Disneymomof4's Avatar
    Images
    Love it! That was great! I feel better, because I am one of the few that actually follows those directions!
    I miss Animazement!!!

The Disney Geologist guy MI Regular Member MoonRakerSCM's Avatar
    Hidden Mickey in the station eh? I'll have to look for it when I go next week...
    Pura Vida

Don't FUSS with me. :) MI Premium Member
    MI Administrator
    Images
    I won't point it out but for those who won't be making it to the parks any time soon... a few random pictures of the station:

Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    LIKE us at Facebook.com/MouseInfo

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive. If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

The Disney Geologist guy MI Regular Member MoonRakerSCM's Avatar
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pura Vida

The Boardwalk Barker MI Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneymomof4 View Post
    Love it! That was great! I feel better, because I am one of the few that actually follows those directions!
    Thank you so much for that! It makes my life ten times easier.

Haha! I know all those people in those pictures. I was there for the day the 2nd picture from the bottom was taken. The first picture must've been taken within the first few months of opening seeing as the female CM in the picture no longer works the attraction.

If you have ANY questions about TSMM! DCA, I'll be happy to answer them for you. (except for the ones that could get me into trouble)

Images
    There it is! How could I not have seen that before??!! ...and I always forget about those bathrooms behind King Triton. Thanks for the reminder.
    Mainoumi

Thread Information