+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Don't FUSS with me. :) MI Premium Member
    MI Administrator
    Images
    What kind of camera do you use? The low-light shots are rather crisp!
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    LIKE us at Facebook.com/MouseInfo

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive. If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

MouseInfo Gold Level MI Regular Member JerrodDragon's Avatar
    Images
    Anyone know much the Tron Disks are?

Images
    Great Shots! How Long is Electronica running?
    "An Investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." - Benjamin Franklin
    Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence - Robert Frost

Images
    ^until the beginning of next year

MouseInfo Platinum Member Iceman's Avatar
    OK, ElecTRONica is absolutely awesome. I liked GlowFest, too, so take that into account, but this new experience is fantastic!

Tonight my party consisted of me (M, 39), my wife (F, 39), our daughter (F, 6) and our au pair (F, 18). We all had an amazing time from start to finish. The dance show was great, the music was great, the lighting effects were great, and the TRON: Legacy preview in the MuppetVision theater was great!

Personally, I found Pleasure Island at WDW to be the ultimate in Imagineering. It was an immersive environment, designed from the ground up to be a Disney experience. Every single sense was tickled, and at it's hey-day Pleasure Island epitomized the idea of providing the ultimate in guest satisfaction, with profits coming after the fact. Disney lost the maigc when focusing on profits first, which led to the eventual closure of the whole place.

ElecTRONinca represents a snippet of what could be in terms of nighttime entertainment at the DLR. The crowds, of all ages, loved the experience. And I can't imagine that Disney was doing anything but making a mint off the drinks, snacks, and merchandise that was available.

If I have once complaint, it's about merchandise. There wasn't nearly enough! Someone asked about discs--according to a CM I talked to, they were sold out within 5 minutes of opening LAST night. Even tonight there were only four styles of shirts available, and most of them were sold out in all but a couple of sizes. It appears that Disney merchandising, in a rare miscalculation, drastically underestimated the demand for merchandise related to this event...
    Rocket Scientist / Future Imagineer

Come join the Pleasure Island Lover's Club: http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/pleasureislandlovers

MI Webmaster MI Administrator Sydney's Avatar
    Images
    Now to my knowledge, elecTRONica is only running fridays, saturdays, and sundays, is that right? Do we know yet if they'll be going nightly for holiday periods?
    Sydney Head
    MouseInfo.com

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    If I have once complaint, it's about merchandise. There wasn't nearly enough! Someone asked about discs--according to a CM I talked to, they were sold out within 5 minutes of opening LAST night. Even tonight there were only four styles of shirts available, and most of them were sold out in all but a couple of sizes. It appears that Disney merchandising, in a rare miscalculation, drastically underestimated the demand for merchandise related to this event...
    This happened with the Mad Hatters Hats too, do you know how much the Disks were? Thats the only thing I want

Fireworks Finatic MI Regular Member AaronInCal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDragon View Post
    ^until the beginning of next year
    The OC Register said it will be running until April, but they are not the most reliable source, either. Disney is probably going to to wait and see till Christmas to officially announce if it will continue after the holidays.

Russell MI Regular Member drseang's Avatar
    Images
    I use a Canon 50D! I saw TRON disks that night but didn't know where to get them!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronInCal View Post
    The OC Register said it will be running until April, but they are not the most reliable source, either. Disney is probably going to to wait and see till Christmas to officially announce if it will continue after the holidays.
    hmmmmm Al lutz is where I heard it would be done by the beginning of next year, of course he's not official but I'm sure his next update will tell us how long they plan on keeping this event.

TO m April seems like overuse of this. I think after 3 months the evnt kinda becomes dated but thats just me, I like these event but don't think they should run year round.

Thread Information