+ Reply to Thread
    MI Webmaster MI Administrator
    MI Lead Moderator
    Images

March 19, 2010 - Grand Opening of Toy Story Parking Lot

Today I was lucky enough to attend the Grand Opening of the new Toy Story Parking Lot near the Anaheim Convention Center. The new lot is just off of Katella Blvd on Clementine Blvd. and provides 2,678 new parking spaces that will be utilized everyday.

The new Toy Story Parking Lot also marks a partnership between Disney and the Orange County Transportation Authority.

Transportation to and from the parking lot is being provided through the partnership with the Anaheim Transportation Network, which leased the buses that are not in services due to the reduction of bus services. As well as using the buses, they are using drivers that were recently laid off due to this reduction.

(1 of 2) Toy Story Parking Lot Ribbon Cutting Ceremony

(2 of 2) Toy Story Parking Lot Ribbon Cutting Ceremony

Buzz Lightyear posing with the new Transportation Cast Members for the lot.

Buzz Lightyear with the Green Army Men and Disney Excutives and Front Entrance Cast Members.

Woody Parking Lot Sign.

Parking Aisle Sign for Woody.

Sign for the Buzz Lightyear Parking.

Parking Sign for Jessie.

The Jessie Shuttle Sign.

[break]

An old Disney's California Adventure Out Door Vending Cart turned into new ticket location for the lot.

Guests can purchase single and multi-day tickets here. No Annuel Passes though. They can also rent strollers at this location as well.

A wait board to compare this ticket location and the Main Entrance one.

Closeup of the ticket kiosk.

The Shuttle Area.

A very dark picture of the shuttles.

The roundabout for the shuttles.

The pickup location for guests is actually shaded, this was a failed artsy shot. I failed at being dlfreak and trying to be creative!

Another look at the roundabout for the shuttles.

A view of the other side of the pickup location.

A view of the complete shuttle pickup area.

Handicap-accessible spaces nearest the shuttle pickup. They do not have ramps here but the buses are equipped with lifts.

[break]

A quick walk over to the Disneyland Hotel for a look at the progress. Here is a sign for the E-Ticket (Concierge) Club which is temporarily located in the Wonder Tower while the Dreams Tower is under refurbishment.

Wonder Garden Room & Terrace is home to the E-Ticket Club.

Some of the pool-view rooms are being renovated.

Still some work to do here!

The former elevator shaft has been removed and a whole bunch more rooms have been added into the former space.

This as, you may recognize, is a maintenance service elevator, still in operation while the rooms are being completed.

Not sure what this is. New elevator?

THE END!

Please use the COMMENT feature to discuss this article!

For corrections,
    please e-mail dlfreak, @mouseinfo.com

Photographs were taken with a
    Kodak Z1015
    camera.

Last edited by dlfreak; 03-19-2010 at 11:18 PM.
    We are always exploring and experimenting...We call it Imagineering--the blending of creative imagination and technical know-how. -Walt Disney
    MI Guidelines, it's the place to be.

Don't FUSS with me. :) MI Premium Member
    MI Administrator
    Images
    Awesome update! Congrats on creating your first one all by yourself! BTW... that shot wasn't a failure at being me... it was JUST like me... a failed attempt at artsy.

Can't wait for the video...
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    LIKE us at Facebook.com/MouseInfo

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive. If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

MouseInfo Club Level MI Regular Member cgmartin's Avatar
    I have a question - I'm staying at the Peacock Inn next week and I notice this lot is very close by. If I already have my ticket, can I just hop on the Disney Shuttle instead of paying for ART?

Thanks!
    Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed......................

MI Administrator
    Images
    The official answer is no. However, the shuttles do not require any proof that you paid to park in the lot so the shuttle driver will not know whether or not you parked in the lot. You should be able to get on. Again... you're not really supposed to and it might require some extra walking as I don't think they will have made it easy for pedestrians to walk in there.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive. If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."

MI Administrator
    Images
    Also, forgot to add, there IS a ticketing kiosk in this parking lot so you can buy tickets here and the line might be shorter than at the parks. That is yet to be seen though, they DID just open this morning!
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"

MouseInfo Welcomed Guest MI Regular Member
    Ha, love the TZToT reference on the maintenance elevator.

Images
    Are there restrooms at the Toy Story lot? Also, is it best to try Mickey and Friends first? Did the bus ride really take 20 minutes? So many questions!! There is so much congestion just trying to get to the Mickey and Friends lot from Harbor, is the new lot easier to reach? That might make up for the 20 min. bus ride.
    I love Disneyland!!!!

MI Webmaster MI Administrator
    MI Lead Moderator
    Images
    no restrooms, I would try Mickey and Friends, I'm not sure how it would take 20 minutes since the shuttle litterly makes a right onto Harbor, then the left into the shuttle area. I think the congestion would probably be the same trying to get to the structure compared to the lot.
    We are always exploring and experimenting...We call it Imagineering--the blending of creative imagination and technical know-how. -Walt Disney
    MI Guidelines, it's the place to be.

Deep in the bowels of the Tropic of Capricorn
    Images
    The shuttle does in fact take twenty minutes to get from the Toy Story lot to the esplenade. Rather than a "right on Harbor and a left into the shuttle area," it goes all the way down Katella to the Paradise Pier hotel and makes a right on Disneyland Dr. Then it turns right onto the old Simba lot tram route and goes all the way around DCA through the old Timon Parking lot, then back up to the old Lion King tram unloading area. It's basically ridiculous and when combined with the very slow loading process on the bus, and the fact that most people will have to stand for this 20 minute overly-long excursion it makes parking in Toy Story a complete waste of time. I think it's great that Disney is leasing the buses from the OCTA and hiring some laid-off workers, but that route has got to go.
    So there.

MouseInfo Preferred Member disneylandkitty's Avatar
    Images
    just got back from the park a saturday during busy hours took way less then 20 min coming and going. I love this lot not a time waster at all i would of waited longer for the trams to arrive and to board at mickey and friends.

Thread Information