+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    5,000 plus Club Member club33az's Avatar
    Images

What, no Disneyland Magical Gatherings???

I am planning a DL trip next year in October with EVERYONE in my family (dad, mom, sister, neices, nephews, etc.). All told about 31 people. I sent DL an email about more info on the Magical Gatherings deal I've been hearing about, but apparently this is only a Walt Disney World program?????? What the hell!!
    Is there just no business for this type of trip in Anaheim? I really can't believe that.
    Last edited by cinder; 07-22-2004 at 12:58 PM.

MI Member Since 2004 MI Regular Member ttztotdca50's Avatar
    Images

Re: What, no Disneyland Magical Gatherings???

I guess they think we're more organized!
    Plus, the DLR has more AP Holders than first-time visitors, unlike WDWR
    In the criminal justice system, sexually-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit. These are their stories. *DOINK DOINK*
    -Law and Order: Special Victims Unit

MouseInfo Charter Member MI Regular Member atriv_21's Avatar
    Images

You'd think with the addition of DCA, the Grand Californian, Paradise Pier Hotel, and the 50th just around the corner that they add family gatherings to DLR. Then again maybe they know the Original has been on the backburner for far too long, DCA even with the addition of ToT was under funded, and DL has just been neglected...

MI Webmaster MI Administrator Sydney's Avatar
    Images

When we talked to Matt Ouimet in may at the 50th announcement event, he expressed an interest in seeing what the realities of bringing the program out here would be... I think these things just take time, and it's not like they're not busy-- they have a little thing called "the 50th" to consider for next summer. But certainly the point was driven home that they take "Multi-generational" travel and travel with groups of friends very seriously.

In my opinion, they just don't have the infrustructure out here to do things in large groups the way they do in florida. In FL, you can, for instance, get larger table reservations, book hotel rooms close to each other, etc. (or at least that's what they suggest is possible). They have FAR more amounts of rooms and restaurants, some of which are specifically geared towards accomodating this. The same just isn't true in anaheim at the moment. However, i'm sure if you are in contact with the disneyland resort FAR ahead of time, they will do their best to work with you. After all, they have large parties for weddings and reunions and things too-- so i would certainly keep in touch with them, be very polite and gracious when asking for anything "above and beyond" the usual call of duty, and I would be very surprised if they weren't willing to help you plan your trip.
    Last edited by Sydney; 07-22-2004 at 11:41 AM.

MI Asian Ambassador MI Regular Member Nemo88's Avatar
    Images

I agree with Sydney,I dont think DLR is big enough to handle a event like magical gatherings,even if they tried to it would be far too busy to even enjoy it.

Rockin' Both Parks MI Regular Member filmfreak11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atriv_21
    DL has just been neglected...
    Yeah. when WDW celebrated 100 years of magic, what did DLR get? NOTHING. Then when DLR "celebrate" the 50th anniversay, why does every disneyland resort in the world get something new?? what's up with that. WDW is now getting new attractions. DLR has a bunch of closed ones. But at least space mountain and buzz are coming. but what about submarine and rocket rods, etc. it's kinda sad to me.

2,000 Plus Club Member MI Regular Member bbmm's Avatar

I think if disneyland did do magical gatherings it would get more people come and vist. I agree with filmfreak it's always been that way, even though dl was the park walt all by supervised himslef wdw gets the better stuff.
    ok

5,000 plus Club Member club33az's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney
    When we talked to Matt Ouimet in may at the 50th announcement event, he expressed an interest in seeing what the realities of bringing the program out here would be... I think these things just take time, and it's not like they're not busy-- they have a little thing called "the 50th" to consider for next summer. But certainly the point was driven home that they take "Multi-generational" travel and travel with groups of friends very seriously.

In my opinion, they just don't have the infrustructure out here to do things in large groups the way they do in florida. In FL, you can, for instance, get larger table reservations, book hotel rooms close to each other, etc. (or at least that's what they suggest is possible). They have FAR more amounts of rooms and restaurants, some of which are specifically geared towards accomodating this. The same just isn't true in anaheim at the moment. However, i'm sure if you are in contact with the disneyland resort FAR ahead of time, they will do their best to work with you. After all, they have large parties for weddings and reunions and things too-- so i would certainly keep in touch with them, be very polite and gracious when asking for anything "above and beyond" the usual call of duty, and I would be very surprised if they weren't willing to help you plan your trip.
    I know DLR will work with me but I was hoping to have everything in one big package. Now, I'm going to have to go thru a travel agent, then coordinate things with Disneyland, etc. I just wish I could do everything under one reservation, you know what I mean? Oh, well. Besides, we're hoping to have our family dinners in one of the small conference rooms at the Grand Californian. And I want everyone to stay at the GCH. So on top of getting all the plane tickets organized I'm probably going to have to fly out to DLR and meet with someone to go over what can and cannot be done for my family and costs etc. Would have just been easier to have a package already done.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by club33az
    ...I'm probably going to have to fly out to DLR and meet with someone to go over what can and cannot be done for my family and costs etc....
    I really think that's not necessary. Everything can be done on the phone. Be aware that the GCH is the most expensive hotel at the resort, and it's a total non-smoking hotel. If you have any smokers, they cannot smoke anywhere in the hotel. DLH & PPH have smoking rooms.

I didn't realize that Magical Gatherings did all that work. I thought it was just an ad campaign with an internet tool to help organizing which parks the family members might want to visit on certain days of their vacation.

Thread Information