+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MouseInfo Welcomed Guest MI Regular Member

Cool Mickey's Halloween Party

Has anyone been to it before? I know it's new in DL from CA this year, so no one has been to it at DL yet. My boyfriend and I are coming to Disneyland from Vancouver (we are in our 20s) and saw on the website them selling tickets for this Halloween Party, and I am wondering if its mostly just for kids, or adults will have a good time too.

Is it worth it to buy a ticket to this on top of our 5 day passes? and does EVERYONE dress up, or can we dress normally?

Sorry if this has already been posted elsewhere, I could not find it!

thank you!

秘密のヘルツ MI Regular Member jupiter's Avatar
    Images
    I've been to this a couple times. I always plan to wear a costume but never end up wearing one due to feeling ill or just not wanting to fuss with it. Lots of people don't wear costumes, but plenty of people do. I'd say maybe it's half-and-half. It just depends on the night.

It might depend on how geeky you are about Disney and Halloween to have a good time. We're big fans of Disney and gothy stuff in my family (boyfriend's family, but that counts, right?) so we dug it. I have no kids and don't plan to have any, so *I'm* the kid in these situations, and I thought it was awesome.

The first year I went (2006 I think?) we all had a great time. It looked cute and felt kind of special (I'd never been to any sort of "party" event at any theme park). Though some rides were closed, a lot were open, and it was nice to have short lines. There are a lot of villains around in the parks, some of which I'd never seen before, like Lady Tremaine and her daughters, and Bowler Hat Guy from Meet the Robinsons. Bowler Hat Guy was just stalking around all over-dramatic with no one paying attention to him, until we went and bugged him, and he played with me and my boyfriend for a while (though my boyfriend's in his early 30s and I'm not much younger), and I was giggling like a schoolgirl.

Another cool thing was an adult couple dressed as Cinderella and Prince Charming were walking around the park in character kind of (just to amuse themselves, I think) and they passed Lady Tremaine and her daughters, who sort of ran over to them and acted like they were really Cinderella and Prince Charming. It was really fun to watch.

My favorite thing about the party is the Trick or Treat Cavalcade (or whatever it's called), which I think some people may not like and I don't know if it'll survive the trip to Disneyland from DCA. But my entire family really adores the theme song, and all year round we will sometimes just break out with a, "Trick or treat on the street!" and a Pluto howl.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrnymirM_O8[/YOUTUBE]

I think part of what made it so fun was how empty DCA was, so I'm not sure how it'll be at Disneyland. I would say the closer you get to actual Halloween, the event will have more people. We went to one of the first party nights, very early in October.

I think it's worth it to go at least once to see if you like it, especially now that it's actually at Disneyland, which I think has the potential to be a LOT creepier and Halloween-y than California Adventure.

MouseInfo Participant westisbest's Avatar
    Ive been twice in recent years to MNSSHP at WDW. Went with my BF, and another friend. We are all in our 30s and had a great time! We did not wear costumes but we did have on Nightmare Before Xmas themed shirts etc...nothing crazy by any means. There were quite a few adults with costumes on, which for the most part were cool and not too corny. I remember one guy dressed in a Donald Duck costume that was HUGE and furry and probably did not fit through many doors it you get the picture. He caught us laughing at him and got pissed off. Most costumes were disney themed but several folks had on non Disney costumes. there was a guy dressed as spider man suspiciously hanging out around one of the dance venues for the kiddy's(gross). It is great roaming the park at night with much smaller crowds. At WDW, all the major rides were practically walk-on. The little trick or treat spots where they give out candy is kind of cool and we really enjoyed the parade and fireworks. The adult beverages we brought with us probably enhanced our enjoyment of the event...I strongly recommend you do the same! Hope this helps. Have fun! I just watched the above posted video of the parade, and I have to say that I think the Boo to You Parade at WDW was much better.

MouseInfo Regular MI Regular Member Skelly_Mouse's Avatar
    I went last year with my bf (we are in our mid-20s) and had some fun we both dressed up, I as Kermit the Frog and he as a Werewolf (but all the CMs called him "teen wolf". The only problem was there was a lot of construction going around DCA because of WOC but all in all we had a blast. It was really fun dressing up and getting comments about our costumes. Sure at the end of the night we had all this candy we wouldn't eat but it was fun. We are looking forward to going this year because it's in DL which is where it use to be when i first went when i was 7 i believe

A majority of the kids do dress up, but adults do dress up as well. I think it would be worth it, DL has a really great vibe with all the halloween decorations and not to mention has more attractions to offer including re-themed rides. I hope this helps

Here is what our costumes looked like:

This year we are going to try Chip & Dale :3
    "Your cadaverous pallor betrays an aura of foreboding, almost as though you sense a disquieting metamorphosis. Is this haunted room actually stretching? Or is it your imagination?.."

Don't FUSS with me. :) MI Premium Member
    MI Administrator
    Images
    ^Maybe think about being a park ride character... I went for the first year of the party and I dressed up as a Hitchhiking Ghost...

Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    LIKE us at Facebook.com/MouseInfo

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive. If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

^that is too flippin' awesome!!!! Great job!
    "Your cadaverous pallor betrays an aura of foreboding, almost as though you sense a disquieting metamorphosis. Is this haunted room actually stretching? Or is it your imagination?.."

Don't FUSS with me. :) MI Premium Member
    MI Administrator
    Images
    I love how the gate was partially open for the BG shot. Almost like I snuck out of the Mansion after closing, hehe.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    LIKE us at Facebook.com/MouseInfo

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive. If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

Seriously a great shot! It looks like you're the only one in the park

Is anyone going this year? I'm thinking about going on oct
    1st

MouseInfo Welcomed Guest MI Regular Member
    Thanks for all the great info! I bought two tickets for October 8th! Now I just need to find a costume....

hooray! im sure finding a costume would be no problem i think this year my bf and are trying to go as chip & dale..of course, i am dale -_- hahaha

Thread Information