View Poll Results: Do you agree that "Toy Story - The Musical" should replace Aladdin at DCA?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely!

1 4.35%
  • Only if it's reworked from the Disney Cruise Line version.

4 17.39%
  • Aladdin should be replaced, but with a different show.

7 30.43%
  • Aladdin shouldn't end yet!

4 17.39%
  • Toy Story would be fine, but put it in a revamped Fantasyland Theatre like originally planned.

2 8.70%
  • Toy Story - The Musical doesn't belong at the resort, period.

3 13.04%
  • Other

2 8.70%
+ Reply to Thread
    Poll Master MI News and Info Editor
    MI Lead Moderator
    Images

MI Weekly Poll - December 8th, 2009

Do you agree that "Toy Story - The Musical" should replace Aladdin at Disney's California Adventure?

Click here for more info!
    Last edited by dlfreak; 12-14-2009 at 09:43 PM.
    LIKE us at Facebook.com/MouseInfo

Quasifrodo, MouseInfo's resident Hairy-footed Hunchback, recommends that you read the MouseInfo Guidelines. If you do not heed this warning, the ghost of Frollo will haunt you in your sleep for the foreseeable future. Happy trails!

Images
    though i dont want aladdin to end, I know change mush happen to bring customers in. Since change must happen, i know Aladdin will eventually be replaced, but i love it and dont want to see it go. But, if change is to occur, i wish it wasnt more Toy Story. the show, if not reworked, isnt all that good. if reworked, its kind of a toy story overload that could easily be avoided. i think a new show should happen, but it shouldnt be toy story.

Vamos Mexico! MI Regular Member Sir_Cliff's Avatar
    Images
    Judging from the results so far, if this decision was made by secret ballot in TDA the Toy Story musical may have been voted in to the Hyperion by a very slim margin over every other possible option!

It's probably time to change the show given Aladdin has run for quite a while now and DLR has a large local audience, but I'm not a fan of this idea. Toy Story is already over-represented at the parks and they have plenty of traditional musicals to choose from that seem better suited to this treatment than Toy Story. Even a new story using Disney music would be a better option. That goes doubly considering no-one seems to actually like the damn show!

MouseInfo Team Member MI Lead Moderator Pinocchio85's Avatar
    Images
    Aladdin was going to be replaced eventually, but it should not have been replaced while Disneyland had no stage show at all. Still, I'd much rather see something other than Toy Story. As others have said there are so many other possibilities and material that Disney can draw from yet they choose Toy Story. How about a show based on a film that's not already represented at the Resort. Better yet, now would be a good time to do another Animazement type show with lots of Disney films present. Instead we get another Toy Story thing which is a Cruise Line hand me down.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio85 View Post
    Instead we get another Toy Story thing which is a Cruise Line hand me down.
    One thing this does suggest to me is that the entertainment department has lost quite a bit of clout in the years since Aladdin premiered.

That show was quite ambitious for a theme park show, even featuring a whole new song written specifically by the film's original songwriters. Its replacement seems to be pretty much a direct copy of one of their (is it even mildly popular?) cruise line shows.

MouseInfo Team Member MI Lead Moderator Pinocchio85's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Cliff View Post
    One thing this does suggest to me is that the entertainment department has lost quite a bit of clout in the years since Aladdin premiered.

That show was quite ambitious for a theme park show, even featuring a whole new song written specifically by the film's original songwriters. Its replacement seems to be pretty much a direct copy of one of their (is it even mildly popular?) cruise line shows.
    That's a great point.

Perhaps they are also loosing interest in putting a lot of effort into their shows. There doesnt seem to be much interest or urgency in getting a show back in Disneyland. They even cut the small show that was part of the Princess meet and greet.

Images
    There did seem to be a big push for a while with this and Snow White, but now everything has gone quiet. Mind you, at WDW they seem to rarely put all that much thought into live entertainment and I have no doubt this would be playing until at least 2019 if it were over in Florida!

Did they give Anne Hamburger the boot a little while back, or am I imagining things?

2,000 Plus Club Member MI Regular Member Alpha's Avatar
    Though a very good show, I think it is time to replace Aladdin. As to weather Toy Story is a good replacement, only time will show. And I do agree that there is a lot of Pixar already in DCA.

Poll Master MI News and Info Editor
    MI Lead Moderator
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Cliff View Post
    Did they give Anne Hamburger the boot a little while back, or am I imagining things?
    I can't remember who reported it, but I'm pretty sure I heard that she was shown the door. The nagging question, though, is who does that leave in charge of WDI-CE? Did they bump Steve Davison up again to finally run the place? Or does he still have somebody above him? Regardless, it would explain why they suddenly stopped going all-out-Broadway on everything.
    LIKE us at Facebook.com/MouseInfo

Quasifrodo, MouseInfo's resident Hairy-footed Hunchback, recommends that you read the MouseInfo Guidelines. If you do not heed this warning, the ghost of Frollo will haunt you in your sleep for the foreseeable future. Happy trails!

Thread Information