+ Reply to Thread
    Don't FUSS with me. :) MI Premium Member
    MI Administrator
    Images

Danny Elfman and Amy Lee at the El Capitan for Nightmare Before Christmas 3D!

For one week only you can experience the magic of Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas in 3D at Hollywood's El Capitan Theater!

1. Enjoy the Oogie Sundae sundae which features pumpkin pie ice cream packed with creepy-crawly candy pests, and topped with ooie-gooey green marshmallows, whipped cream, and a cherry!

2. Director Don Hahn was available before the opening night panel to sign copies of his book.

3. As seen in the New York Times, and sold exclusively at the El Capitan Theatre, the "I'm Green and I Vote" Kermit tee!

1. Theater organist Rob Richards fantastic as always.

2. Don Hahn led the panel discussion this year.

3. There was only one panelist this year but that very special person was Danny Elfman who, among a LONG list of impressive works, composed the musical score for the Nightmare Before Christmas.

Don Hahn talked with Elfman about his musical career, his early beginnings, how he got involved in music (and not biology as he originally envisioned), his time in Paris, the forming of Oingo Boingo, and his experience with Tim Burton to compose the music for the film.You can download audio from the full discussion at this link.

Elfman also confirmed that he's doing the musical score for Tim Burton's upcoming Alice in Wonderland feature and that he's also composing his first ever stage musical around the life of Harry Houdini.

There's more on Page Two!
    [break]

At the end of their discussion, they invited Evanescence's Amy Lee to perform her cover of "Sally's Song" from the film.

As they do each year when they present the film, there is a special display downstairs with different concept art and imagery from the film.

A keen eye will notice that some of these drawings are actually drawings of the characters as they appear in the loading area of Disneyland's Haunted Mansion Holiday.

Also returned this year is the actual mountain set piece used in the film!

Nightmare Before Christmas in 3D at the El Capitan

Jack's back in stunning Disney Digital 3D! See the Halloween event of the season on the big screen. Get closer than ever again to Halloweentown's beloved Pumpkin King, Jack Skellington, as he attemptes to take over the Christmas Holiday. Fueled by an unforgettable Grammy-nominated soundtrack featuring songs by Oscar nominee Danny Elfman, Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas in Disney Digital 3D promises to be fun for the whole family.

Admission:
    Adults* - $11
    Child (3-11) - $10
    Senior (60+) - $10
    Group Rate (Groups of 20 or more) - $9
    *Adult: $13 for all shows after 6pm.
    VIP Admission (includes popcorn, soft drink, a reserved seat and no waiting in line) - $22
    Rating: G
    Length: 75 min.

Showtimes: 10:00 AM, 12:15 PM, 2:30 PM, 4:45 PM, 7:00 PM, 9:45 PM.

Tickets:
    To order tickets you can call 1-800-DISNEY6 or go to www.elcapitantickets.com

THE END!

Please use the COMMENT feature to discuss this article!

For corrections please e-mail me, dlfreak, @mouseinfo.com

Unless otherwise noted, photographs in this update were taken with a Kodak EasyShare p850 camera.

Last edited by dlfreak; 10-20-2008 at 02:17 PM.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    LIKE us at Facebook.com/MouseInfo

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive. If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

Don't FUSS with me. :) MI Premium Member
    MI Administrator
    Images
    Is anybody making it down this year? It's a really short engagement... ends on the 22nd.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    LIKE us at Facebook.com/MouseInfo

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive. If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

MI 2,000 Club Member
    Danny Elfman is awesome and one of my favorite musicians. Oingo Boingo is freaking amazing.

Thread Information