+ Reply to Thread
    Images

Nemo Ride in Mickey Monitor

Just wanted to share this blurb from the Mickey Monitor (passholder newsletter) that was recently sent out. It describes the show scenes from the new Nemo ride at Epcot.

Your "clamoblie" will glide you and the kids through an "immersive" environment where an original story takes up where the movie left off. "The new story is that Nemo is happily exploring his world," Alex Wright of Walt Disney Imagineering told us. "Marlin and Dory-and all of us- are trying to keep up with the little guy.
    "We'll start off by running into Mr. Ray's Field trip, he's taking the other little fish for their daily exploration. Every time Dory sees Nemo, but she keeps forgetting and can't tell Marlin." The attraction is brimming with memorable moments. "When you encounter the jellyfish, they'll light up as Dory bounces over them," Alex adds. "There'll be a pretty scene where everyone's mesmerized by the lights of the anglerfish. ANd when the sharks pop out from the ruins and tease you, they claim they have no intention of eating Marlin, though he doesn't quite believe them."
    The most amazing part of thenew attraction will occur when your clamobile enters the gigantic aquarium where Nemo and all his friends will appear to actually swim alongside the real-life creatures of the coral reef.

WorldWide Disney Traveler MI Regular Member TDLFAN's Avatar
    I saw that on my Mickey Monitor and think it's rather cute... Sound similar to the Nemo Coaster now being built at WDSP, where a spinning clam mobile will take guests into the Worlds of Nemo and friends in coaster mode as opposed to ommimover fashion at the Living Seas. The artwork for EPCOT Center in the Mickey Monitor looks nice. I am hoping this ride will be a nice addition to Future World, even if it has absolutely nothing to do with the future... except for the future of Pixar married to Disney now?
    Avatar: CELEBRATE TDS' 5TH ANNIVERSARY!!!!

Visit TDLFAN's online Disney Albums HERE!!

Images
    I think the DLP, DL, and Epcot ride all share a similiar plot/premise.

One could even say they're just telling the same story at different speeds, thouh DLP has a bit more focus on turtles than fish.

Anywho, did you see the pics of the coral being painted backstage? Its beaitfully rich in color - like something you'd see at TDS.

No I have not seen it.

MouseInfo Team Member MI Lead Moderator Pinocchio85's Avatar
    Images
    That's a very nice description of the ride. I'm interested to see how the blending of Nemo and the real fish works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio85 View Post
    That's a very nice description of the ride. I'm interested to see how the blending of Nemo and the real fish works out.
    Go to your nearest shopping mall, as some retail places already feature the same "TV reflection on glass" trick that will be employed at "The Living Seas with fake creatures like Nemo" pavillion.

MouseInfo Regular MI Regular Member Donillini's Avatar
    Oh TDLFAN! Don't be so negative! At least they are pumping life into what used to be the most empty pavillion in EPCOT! It might be good, it might stink! Let us see when it opens!
    "Use your head! Don't lose your head!"

General Knowlege

Meeska-Mooska-Mouseketeer MI Lead Moderator smitty-78's Avatar
    Images
    Well it sounds like a realy cool idea .
    Today's going to be a beautiful, busy day, and "we must keep our aim constantly focused on the future." —Walt Disney

Rockin' Both Parks MI Regular Member filmfreak11's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KNRG View Post
    I think the DLP, DL, and Epcot ride all share a similiar plot/premise.

One could even say they're just telling the same story at different speeds, thouh DLP has a bit more focus on turtles than fish.
    This is pretty much what I think should be done in Disney parks to begin with. With the Nemo propoerty- they're building Turtle Talk with Crush, Turtle Twister, Nemo subs, and Nemo clamobiles/pavilion. With TOT- WDW's, DCA's, and TDS's will be different from one another (not sure about WDSP yet). Indiana Jones- Indy ride in DL & TDS & stunt show in WDW. Disney can USE the same property, but use it in DIFFERENT ways so as to avoid COMPLETE attraction CLONES around the world.

Um, well that kinda felt pointless. My point is, I'm glad Disney is using Nemo in different ways instead of cloning one attraction everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Donillini View Post
    Oh TDLFAN! Don't be so negative! At least they are pumping life into what used to be the most empty pavillion in EPCOT! It might be good, it might stink! Let us see when it opens!
    I am looking forward to this re-dressing as well... and I would like to see them pumping more cashinto the MK's very dated and outdated rides, especially around Fantasyland.

Thread Information