Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough
Introduction Summary Goes Here.
|Ride Type:||Walkthrough attraction to explore.|
|Height Req.:||None .|
|Ride Length:||Your own pace.|
|Ride Capacity:||A few dozen inside at once.|
|Operating Hours:||Park opening to park closing. Closes during the fireworks.|
|*Wait times my vary widely on a number of factors including crowd levels, showtimes, and hour of the day.|
- This attraction closes approximately 45 minutes before the fireworks and reopens approximately 15 minutes after.
- This attraction originally opened on April 29, 1957.
- The original Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough opening ceremony was hosted by Walt Disney and legendary film actress Shirley Temple Black.
- This attraction was expanded in 1968, redesigned in 1977, closed in 2001, and then redesigned and reopened on November 26, 2008.
- The attraction was designed and opened nearly two years before the Sleeping Beauty film was actually released in theaters on January 29, 1959. Because of this, some scenes in the attraction did not exist in the film and some important scenes from the film were not represented in the attraction. The 1977 redesigned version of the attraction utilized three-dimensional figures and sets to more closely follow the narrative of the film. The current existing version of the attraction is a tribute to the original 1957 version of the attraction. Imagineers used original, archived blueprints and schematics of the original attraction to craft the new sets.
Safety and Accessibility
- Safety Considerations: There are a series of stairs to ascend and then descend.
- Wheelchair Accessible: Yes and no. Guests must negotiate stairs inside of the castle to experience the attraction. However, a special wheelchair and ECV accessible virtual experience of the attraction is also available. It is presented on a high-definition screen in a comfortable room. Simply contact a Cast Member at the location for assistance.
- Hearing Disability Services: No.
- Visual Disability Services: No.
- Service Animals: Allowed.
See Template:Youtube for placing videos on MouseInfo.
See Template:Gallery for placing images on MouseInfo.
Should be written in a more editorial style and cover history and technical details about the attraction.
MI Community Contributions
- Find Related Discussions
- Visit the MI Boards to ask questions or just chat about Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough.
- Find Related Photos
- Visit the MI Galleries for more photos of Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough.
At the Disneyland Resort: