First peek inside MISSION: BREAKOUT plus supers assemble in DCA in new commercial
A new commercial launched by the Disneyland Resort features Marvel superheroes assembling Disney California Adventure for their upcoming SUMMER OF HEROES marketing campaign. We already know the Captain America and Spider-Man can be seen in the parks currently but they are shown in the commercial along with Black Widow who is seen jumping from the rooftops of Hollywood Land.
We also get a quasi peek at the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT attraction which opens officially on May 27. Don’t expect much in the way of spoilers here, what we see is a seemingly minimally modified boiler room from the former Tower of Terror with a CG Rocket Raccoon interacting with a human guest.
SUMMER OF HEROES will launch new, year-round experiences:
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance Off! – Don’t be surprised if you run into the Guardians of the Galaxy on their way to the Milano, with Star-Lord firing up his old-school boom box to get the party started. Gamora may prefer to stand back and observe, but everyone else is bound to get in the groove and show off their moves during this awesome rock ‘n’ roll bash!
- Super Hero Encounters – For the first time, citizens of Earth will come face-to-face with Groot, one of the Guardians of the Galaxy! You can also step up to meet the First Avenger, Captain America, along with everyone’s favorite web slinger, your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.
And for a limited time, step up to the challenge with these new adventures during Summer of Heroes:
- Avengers Training Initiative – Black Widow and Hawkeye assemble young recruits for a series of tests to see if they have what it takes to join the ranks of the Avengers.
- Heroic Encounter: Black Widow – Black Widow will arrive on the scene several times throughout the day in an armored Avengers vehicle for her heroic encounter with park guests.
- Grab a Piece (or Bite) of the Action – All that heroism making you hungry? Want a token as proof of your adventures when you get home? Special themed merchandise and food will be available throughout Hollywood Land.
See it for Yourself!
The SUMMER OF HEROES takes over Disney California Adventure from May 27 – September 10, 2017.