DETAILS: Everything we know about GALAXY’S EDGE Star Wars-themed land from the #D23Expo
Galaxy’s Edge is the new Star Wars themed land coming to both Disneyland Park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios Park starting in 2019. We got some great peeks into the land with a massive model at the D23 Expo and during the Parks and Resorts panel we got to hear some more details about what we can expect. So now take a look at everything we learned from the D23 Expo.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Bob Chapek and Imagineering Portfolio Creative Executive Scott Trowbridge shared the scoop…
Galaxy’s Edge Details
- The planet (which has yet to be named) is an old trading outpost
- BB-8 and Chewbacca are some of the characters you’ll find
- You’ll also encounter other members of the Resistance and the First Order and “definitely have a sense of what it’s like to feel the wrath of Kylo Ren.”
- The character Hondu will be recruiting flight crews who will find themselves helming the Millennium Falcon.
- Accoring to the Star Wars Databank. “[He] won fame during the Clone Wars when he kidnapped Count Dooku, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Anakin Skywalker and tried to ransom all three for a big payout… he is a pirate through and through.”
- Choices matter. For example, if you prove yourself to be a star pilot on the attraction, you might find yourself with some extra galactic credits. But if you bang up that classic ship the boss will not be so happy and you might find yourself on the list of a bounty hunter like Hartgos (sic) which means you’ll probably encounter some trouble at the Cantina.
- The Cantina will offer unique drinks (unofficial rumors suggest this may be the first guest-accessible area in Disneyland to offer alcoholic beverages)
- Captain Rex (RX-24) has been recycled as a failed Star Tours pilot and will now be found as a DJ at the Cantina. What could go wrong?
- You’ll find farm-fresh blue milk in the village or one-of-a-kind teasure from across the galaxy from vendors like Gatgandar (sic) who for–the right price–will trade you anything in the galaxy, no questions asked.
More Details Following the Gallery Below…
Interactive Autonomous Droids?
We know BB-8 will be rolling around the land but the Star Wars universe is filled with droids. There was a Playtest at the D23 Expo with a little droid nicknamed JAKE! He may or may not be found in the new land when it opens, see below what we learned about the cute little autonomous droid. He may come into play for guests on a mission as he can point out interesting areas in a given space.
Fly-Through the Model
One of the first details shared at D23 Expo was an up-close fly-through of the new model that you could really only see from a bird’s eye view on the Showfloor. So much detail to absorb here, take a look… or three:
D23 Expo Showfloor
Lots of details to pick up from the Galaxy’s Edge pavilion on the Showfloor. Below is just a small tease of what you could see.
Could some of the technology we see with Magic Bench find its way into the Galaxy’s Edge?
More to See!
We were at the D23 Expo 2017 the entire weekend with plenty to see! Check it all out by clicking below!