Mickey Mouse’s 90th birthday celebration this year is going to be HUGE
He’s a shining star and his great bit heart is gold and this year… he’s turning 90 years old! That’s right, Mickey Mouse, the big cheese himself, is celebrating 90 years since his theatrical debut in “Steamboat Willie.” To commemorate the special guy, Disney is planning a gigantic GLOBAL celebration.
At Disney Parks
- World’s Biggest Mouse Party will be taking place later this year with special festivities held at each resort around the world.
- Disney is teasing that the party is so big, it’s happening all the way into 2019! No details confirmed as yet on what exactly that means but we have heard buzz of a 90-hour party in the parks.
- November 18 Festivities will include commemorative merchandise, treats, photo locations and more.
- A star-studded celebration on ABC celebrating his anniversary.
- An extended-length birthday episode of Disney Channel’s Mickey Mouse animation shorts.
More In Store
- Merch galore including dozens of new books, arts and crafts and comics from Disney Publishing.
- NEW: Disney On Ice presents Mickey’s Special Celebration will begin touring throughout the Asia Pacific region this July.
- Disney animator Mark Henn will paint Mickey Mouse’s official 90th portrait, which will debut on the cover of Disney twenty-three in the fall.
- D23 Destination D: Celebrating Mickey Mouse at Walt Disney World Resort this November for two days of panels, presentations and entertainment.
It’s quite the celebration for everyone’s favorite mouse! What are you looking forward to most to celebrate Mickey Mouse?