Character dining shakeup at Disneyland Resort plus new hotel dining options
Dining options are being updated around all three Disneyland Resort Hotels bringing new character experiences and new menu items to enjoy. First we have to red alert MORE POKE!! Splitsville in Downtown Disney is no longer the only spot to get in on delicious poke, plus there’s big changes coming to the character lineups at both Storyteller’s Cafe and PCH Grill.
Here’s the highlights of some of the exciting new options coming this summer:
Character Dining Change Up
Mickey’s Tales of Adventure
At Storytellers Café, guests will join Mickey Mouse and his friends for Mickey’s Tales of Adventure. Discover the fun with your adventurous storyteller, Mickey, as he welcomes you into his immersive tales of adventure through his magical Adventurer’s Journal.
Donald Duck’s Seaside Breakfast
At Disney’s PCH Grill, guests can get in on all the beachy fun with Donald Duck’s Seaside Breakfast. Donald has finally been reunited with his heart-throb Daisy, and now you’ll be able to soak in those rays and catch some waves on the dance floor with Donald, Daisy, and Stitch as you chow down on an all-you-care-to-enjoy breakfast buffet.
New Menu at Storytellers Café
- Short Rib Grilled Cheese on sourdough bread with cheddar cheese and caramelized onions.
- Vanilla Crème Brûlée with orange-vanilla biscotti and marinated raspberries.
- Chicken Paillard features a lightly-breaded chicken breast and comes with roasted potatoes and heirloom carrots and is topped with a lemon-caper sauce
- Braised Boneless Short Rib comes paired with mashed potatoes, creamy horseradish, and Brussels sprouts.
Lunch and Dinner
- Avocado Toast. This new starter comes with crushed avocado, lemon-olive oil, parsley, celery leaves, quail eggs, and Espellete pepper on top of a slice of grilled sourdough bread.
- Kale Salad with almonds, currants, Grana Padano, bacon-bread crumbs, and garlic vinaigrette.
- ‘Nduja Sausage Artisanal Pizza comes topped with ‘nduja sausage, mushrooms, artichokes, and potatoes; with Grana Padano, fire-roasted tomatoes, and aged provolone cheese.
- Margherita Artisanal Pizza comes topped with fresh mozzarella and basil; with Grana Padano, fire-roasted tomatoes, and aged provolone cheese.
Surfside Lounge and the Sand Bar
- Build-Your-Own Poke Bowl comes with avocado, cucumber, and red and green onions. You can customize your bowl with your choice of base, protein, and sauce! Bases include white rice, brown rice, or romaine leaves and proteins include tuna, salmon, or tofu. All proteins are marinated in a savory ponzu sauce. And for the sauce topping, choose between spicy mayo, poke sauce, or wasabi. Each bowl is also garnished with seaweed wakame, tobiko caviar, fried onions, pickled ginger, bonito flakes, and sesame seeds. With so many different combinations, you might just have to come back for more!
Unified Menu at Trader Sams, Tangaroa and Poolside
Right next door at the Disneyland Hotel, Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar, Tangaroa Terrace, the Poolside Bar have updated their menus. New items include:
- Island-Style Hot Dog with ground pork and pineapple sausage in a pretzel bun and topped with whole-grain mustard, onion sauce, pickled carrots, daikon, and Fresno chiles.
- Chicken Teriyaki Bowl featuring diced chicken breast on a bed of rice and vegetables and topped with teriyaki sauce and togarashi aïoli, wonton chips, and sesame seeds.
- Rongo Salad with shredded green papaya, fresh lettuce, marinated tofu, cucumber, gooseberries, rice noodles, and carrots tossed in a sesame-ginger vinaigrette.
- Pu Pu Platter includes Sweet-and-Spicy Asian Wings, Fried Spring Rolls, Panko-Crusted Chinese Long Beans, Pork Gyoza, and Togarashi Aïoli!
So much to enjoy, what are you looking forward to most?