PICTORIAL: ALIEN PIZZA PLANET invades Disneyland bringing #PixarFest takeover of Italian eatery
Tomorrorwland at Disneyland has been invaded by the Toy Story green aliens and they’ve brought with them some new flavors to the menu as part of Pixar Fest! They’ve taken up residence at Red Rockett’s Pizza Port and renamed it Alien Pizza Planet. The pizza-obsessed verdant creatures have brought in a few decor elements reminiscent of their galactic travels with new floating panels, travel posters for plants (such as Pepperonia, Bakkon, and Garlon) and some new menu items.
As part of the takeover, you’ll find the green aliens hovering above you inside the restaurant as well as a few other new elements reminiscent of the movie including the centurion guard at the entrance (he doesn’t move like in the movie, sadly), and even an alien slush machine with flavors of strawberry and sour apple.
New Menu Items
We got the chance to try some of the new menu items.
- Green Miso Pesto Pasta is a gemelli pasta tossed in a spinach and miso pesto with smoky bacon, sweet peas, and Parmesan. We made the right call when we ordered ours with a side of chicken (not pictured) to help round out the dish. Not an amazing dish but if you’re eating here, it’s certainly a worthy contender.
- Cheeseburger Pizza looks more delicious than it sounds. It includes ketchup, yellow mustard, and pizza sauce on a sesame seed crust and topped with American and Cheddar cheese, caramelized onions, diced tomatoes, slider patties, house-made burger sauce, and pickles. I didn’t try this one but my dining partner, @theserge, said his slice was a little dry.
- Little Green Alien Macaron has a blueberry and lemon filling. It’s sweeter than we were expecting.
- Blackberry-Lime Parfait
More to Taste
Other menu items that you can look to discover here include:
- Antipasto Salad consists of crisp lettuce topped with pepperoni, tomatoes, mixed olives, pepperoncini, fresh mozzarella, roasted red pepper, and roasted red onions tossed in a balsamic vinaigrette.
- Edamame-Noodle Salad features grilled chicken breast on top of marinated edamame, sweet green beans, mint, cilantro, red cabbage, shredded carrot, and cold soba noodles with a ginger-lime vinaigrette.
See it for Yourself
Pixar Fest is a massive celebration taking place now at the Disneyland Resort from April 13 – September 3, 2018.