Hollywood Halloween Horror Nights turning food menus upside-down in celebration of STRANGER THINGS
HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS kicks off this weekend and to help drum up excitment for this year’s offerings, they’ve unleashed some of the menu options facing those who will be braving a night of terror.
The theme for this year’s culinary experience? STRANGER THINGS! Yep, the popular Netflix show, which features in its own maze this year, is the influence for some of the goodies on which to nosh inbetween the screams!
Food at Universal Studios Hollywood
- Benny’s Burgers: This classic burger, aptly named after the show’s family-owned diner, features a juicy beef burger served on a potato roll and a side of Tater Tots®.
- The Upside Down Burger: served “upside down,” this signature burger features spicy queso and Flamin’ Hot® Cheetos® served on a potato roll with lettuce, tomatoes and a side of Tater Tots.
- Benny’s Chicken & Waffle Sandwich: Drizzled with sage-maple aioli and topped with sweet and sour onions, lettuce and tomatoes, this grilled chicken sandwich is served on iconic Kellogg’s® Eggo® waffles with a side of Tater Tots.
- Demogorgon’s Totcho: A twist on the classic nacho, this dangerously delicious snack piles up Tater Tots, doused in spicy queso, chili, Flamin’ Hot Cheetos, sour cream and scallions.
- Eleven’s Waffle Extravaganza: Inspired by the lead protagonist’s favorite food, this tasty treat mixes Reese’s Pieces, jelly beans, chocolate chips and whipped cream stacked high on three Kellogg’s Eggo waffles.
Additional treats will be served throughout the theme park, including Mini Meatball Subs, Loaded Mac ‘n’ Cheese, and Stir Fry Noodles as well as Voodoo Doughnuts.
Food at Universal Orlando Resort:
Over at Universal Studios Florida they’re kicking it up a notch with even more offerings.
- Waffles Galore!: All inspired by Eleven’s favorite food, guests can enjoy a variety of waffle treats at “Halloween Horror Nights,” including Fudge Dipped Waffle on a Stick topped with peanuts and sprinkles; Waffle Ice Cream Pocket Sundae which features two chocolate chip waffles stuffed with strawberry ice cream and topped with whipped cream, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, sprinkles, chopped peanuts and a cherry; Triple Decker Extravaganza, which is Orlando’s version of Eleven’s Waffle Extravaganza – and more.
- Syrup & Waffles: Enjoy Eleven’s favorite food…beverage-style! This non-alcoholic frozen drink is a delicious blend of syrup flavors with tiny waffles on top.
- Christmas Tree Light Cupcakes: Inspired by the iconic scene from ”Stranger Things” where Joyce uses Christmas lights to communicate with Will, guests can choose from chocolate or red velvet cupcakes, each topped with whipped cream frosting and covered with jelly beans to resemble the colorful lights.
- 11 Mini Donuts: These donuts are covered in powdered sugar or cinnamon and topped with red frosting – inspired by the nosebleed Eleven typically has when she uses her telekinesis powers.
- Pepperoni & Sausage Pizza: Inspired by the slice of pizza Dustin offers his crush, Nancy, in the first episode of season one.
- Benny’s Burgers: Universal Orlando will also feature a Benny’s Burgers food location, where guests can grab a variety of burgers, chicken sandwiches and more.
Get more pictures and info on Orlando’s offerings on their official blog.
See it for Yourself
Universal Studios Hollywood proudly hosts Halloween Horror Nights beginning September 14, 2018.
In addition to STRANGER THINGS, a host of other mazes are awaiting fresh victims including TRICK ‘R TREAT, HALLOWEEN 4, THE FIRST PURGE, POLTERGEIST, THE HORRORS OF BLUMHOUSE: CHAPTER 2, and UNIVERSAL MONSTERS featuring an all-new score by Slash. A new twist on the TERROR TRAM, even more zombies in THE WALKING DEAD, and new scare zones will all be waiting to scare you to death.
DON’T MISS: Get your tickets now before they sell out!