What you need to know about Disneyland reservations for STAR WARS: GALAXY’S EDGE
Fans who are itching to get into a Galaxy far, far away still have a few weeks at best. The new STAR WARS: GALAXY’S EDGE expansion promises to be a popular destination this summer and in California entrance into the land will come with an important restriction: You’ll need (complimentary) reservations to access the land.
What we know so far about STAR WARS: GALAXY’S EDGE reservation details:
The first phase of this land opens May 31 but requires reservation for access between May 31 and June 23, 2019. A reservation AND theme park admission are required during this period.
NO STANDBY ACCESS into the land or its attractions will be available during the reservation-only period.
FROM MAY 31 – JUNE 23
Regular Park Guests
A reservation will be required. There is no additional cost to make a reservation.
Details will be announced at 8am PT on May 2, 2019.
DISNEY ACCOUNT REQUIRED! You will need to have an active Disney account in order to make a reservation. If you don’t have one, you can set one up at Disneyland.com. If you do — luck favors the prepared — you should try to log in NOW and make sure your login details are up to date.
— Disneyland Resort (@Disneyland) April 22, 2019
Guests staying at any of the three Disneyland Resort hotels will receive an email confirmation for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge reservation access. This email will indicate:
- DATE: The exact date for when access will be given.
- TIME: The exact 4-hour time period during which time they will be allowed to visit the new land.
- WHO: The names of each guest on the hotel reservation (age 3 and older). NOTE: Only Hotel guests confirmed on the room reservation will be granted access into the land.
- One Reservation Per Stay: Multiple night reservations do not get more than one Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge reservation. One reservation is granted per stay.
- Separate Park Admission Required to enter the park. Having a reservation only gets you into the land, you’ll still need a valid ticket to get into the park.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will NOT be available during Extra Magic Hour or Magic Morning at Disneyland Park.
- Cancellation: If hotel reservation is cancelled, the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge reservation will also be cancelled.
Click here to book your stay or call (714) 520-5060 now!
AFTER JUNE 23
Reservations are no longer required to enter Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, however the Disneyland Resort will utilize a virtual queueing system, as needed, to continue to provide a great guest experience. Get your reservation then feel free to enjoy the rest of the resort while waiting to get called back to enter the land.
Request to join a boarding group to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge can be done via the Disneyland app ONLY if you’re already in the park. Alternatively, you can visit a kiosk to receive a “low-tech” reservation without the use of a phone.
The Disneyland app will have a dedicated module, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – Status and Access, available from the main page, on which you can request to join a boarding group to visit the land, once you have entered the park. Boarding groups will be sent a push notification when it is their turn to enter the land and they can monitor status of boarding groups from the app. There will also be the ability to join a boarding group from select locations inside Disneyland park, if you are not using the app. The boarding group is tied to admission media that will be scanned upon entry into the land. Signage throughout the park will also display boarding group status. Admission into Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be subject to capacity, and having an assigned boarding group will not guarantee entrance to the land.
At Disney’s Hollywood Studios
The first phase of this land opens August 29, 2019.
- WHAT: Normal access into the land although capacity is limited.
- PRIORITY: Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be open during Extra Magic Hours meaning hotel guests will get an advance start at accessing the land.
See it for Yourself
STAR WARS: GALAXY’S EDGE phase 1 opens at Disneyland Resort on May 31, 2019 and at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on August 29, 2019. Phase two dates have not yet been confirmed.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!
If you are looking for a way to help support the site so we can continue to bring you more info about the mouse, feel free to browse our TeePublic Store! Aside from tees, you can also find coffee mugs, phone & laptop cases, and more!
Find more designs at our store: mouseinfo.com/tees.