DETAILS: Getting into the new Star Wars land at Disneyland starting June 24
STAR WARS: GALAXY’S EDGE will finally be moving out of its reservation-only period on Monday, June 24, 2019 and it will introduce a new virtual queueing system that will be used as needs arise.
On popular days when heavy traffic is expected in the new Star Wars themed land, you will have to enroll in the complimentary virtual queue in order to gain admission. Plus, new changes were announced for accessing Oga’s Cantaina and Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers experiences.
Virtual Queue Boarding Groups
With a Mobile Device
Use the Disneyland app for an easy way to secure your boarding group. You’ll need to make sure your ticket (and your party’s tickets) are all aggregated together in your party through the app.
Once you do, you’ll access the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge section within the app to get started.
- LAND STATUS: Within the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge section, you’ll find one of two Land Status options` listed:
- Open: This means you can just walk right into the land
- Access by Boarding Group Only: The virtual queue is in effect and you have to “Join a Boarding Group” to gain access to the land
- JOIN A BOARDING GROUP: Once you press this button, you’ll create your boarding party and then be given a Boarding Group Number confirmation. You can check on your Boarding Group status at any time in the app.
- BOARDING GROUP CONFIRMATION: Once your Boarding Group Number indicates you can enter the land, you will receive a push notification on your device (assuming you . have this feature enabled).
- HOW TO ENTER: Your Boarding Group confirmation is used to check in at the land’s entrance and you have up to TWO HOURS to enter the land before your Boarding Group Number expires.
- TIME IN THE LAND: There is no time limit once you are in the land although you may not exit and re-enter (assuming the Land Status remains “Access by Boarding Group Only”)
Without a Mobile Device
NO-APP ACCESS: If you prefer going analog and don’t want to use the Disneyland App or a mobile device to join a boarding group, simply visit one of the below FastPass service locations to get your Boarding Group Number:
- Haunted Mansion
- Indiana Jones Adventure
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Matterhorn Bobsleds
Cantina and Lightsaber Experiences
Due to the extreme popularity of Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers and Oga’s Cantina, same-day reservations are required for admission.
- WHEN: Starting at 7am each day you can make your reservation.
- WHAT: A valid credit card is required to book.
- ACCESS: A reservation for Oga’s Cantina or Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers bypasses the need for a Boarding Group Number.
- AGE RESTRICTIONS: At least one person in the party must be 14 years of age or older for both experiences.
A Savi’s Workshop
- NO CANCELLATIONS: A $199.99 per builder no-show fee will be applied if you fail to check in for your reservation. This is the cost minus taxes for the actual lightsaber.
- ARRIVAL: Arrive no later than 20 minutes prior to your reservation time at the check-in location in front of Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers. Guests checking in earlier than one hour prior to their reservation time will be asked to return within the allotted window. Late arrivals may not be accommodated.
At Oga’s Cantina
- NO CANCELLATIONS: A $10 per person no-show fee will be applied if you fail to check in for your reservation. This is the cost minus taxes for the actual lightsaber.
- ARRIVAL: Arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to your reservation time with the Cast Member at the end of the queue at Oga’s Cantina.
- SEATING: Oga’s Cantina consists mainly of standing room, with limited seating. Seating is not guaranteed upon entry, and separate parties may be seated together.
Virtual Queue Infographic
If pretty, pretty, pictures are your preferred method of absorbing information you can check out this handy infographic, courtesy of Disney
Explore Star: Wars Galaxy’s Edge
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is finally here. In case you missed it, we have a WHOLE BUNCH of looks into the land, its shops, its dining, and its (for now) single premiere attraction! In case you missed it, check out our pictorial guides below below!
- SWGE GUIDE: ‘Droid Depot’
- SWGE GUIDE: ‘Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers’
- SWGE GUIDE: ‘Creature Stall’
- SWGE GUIDE: ‘Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities’
- SWGE GUIDE: ‘Toydarian Toymaker’
- SWGE GUIDE: ‘Jewels of Bith’
- SWGE GUIDE: ‘Resistance Supply’
- SWGE GUIDE: ‘First Order Cargo’
- SWGE GUIDE: ‘Black Spire Outfitters’
More to Explore
See it for Yourself
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland is opens without reservation requirement on June 24, 2019! Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge also opens at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in nearly identical form on August 29, 2019.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!
If you are looking for a way to help support the site so we can continue to bring you more info about the mouse, feel free to browse our TeePublic Store! Aside from tees, you can also find coffee mugs, phone & laptop cases, and more!
Find more designs at our store: mouseinfo.com/tees.