HALLOWEEN SCREAMS returns (sans pyro some nights) plus more announcements for Disney’s #HalloweenTime
Disney’s Halloween Time is really just around the corner and today we got some details about what the new festive holiday will bring to the Disneyland Resort. We already knew about the upcoming OOGIE BOOGIE BASH which moves the popular Halloween Party back to Disney California Adventure but now we have details about the return of HALLOWEEN SCREAMS for non-party guests plus more!
Here’s a look at what 2019 Halloween Time has in store for Disneyland Resort…
- “Halloween Screams” returns for the first time in nearly a decade for ALL all guests visiting Disneyland. This nighttime spectacular adds to the spooky fun on most nights of the season. On select nights, “Halloween Screams” will go sky high when the show is enhanced with the addition of fireworks.
- Beautiful décor on Main Street, U.S.A., including a giant Mickey Mouse jack-o’-lantern and Pumpkin Festival.
- Haunted Mansion Holiday – inspired by the Walt Disney Pictures classic “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas” – returns following the 50th anniversary this summer of the original Haunted Mansion attraction.
It would appear that the 2019 Halloween Time season will not see the return of Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy.
At Disney California Adventure
- Oogie Boogie will once again take over Disney California Adventure park with stylish Halloween decor along Buena Vista Street (including the 10-foot-tall statue of the Headless Horseman holding his jack-o-lantern head.)
- New Halloween magic on the façade of Carthay Circle as bats swarm, energy pulses from within and projections transform the iconic tower structure with spellbinding moments.
- Haul-O-Ween returns to Cars Land as Radiator Springs turns into Radiator Screams! with the return of:
- “Car-stumes” will be worn by Lightning McQueen, Mater, Cruz and Red!
- Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree
- Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark returns nightly turning the regular version of the attraction into a special Halloween Time version.
- Plaza de la Familia will also return for a celebration inspired by the spirit of Día de los Muertos.
- A Musical Celebration of Coco is a beautiful, festive performance where Miguel joins the Storytellers of Plaza de la Familia and the Grammy® Award winning Mariachi Divas, transporting everyone into the story of young Miguel’s fantastical journey. Oogie Boo
- Enjoy returning favorites of live entertainment, craft making, delicious food, interactive experiences and special merchandise.
Plus Oogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party
The new Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party adds to the spooky fun of Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort. Oogie Boogie Bash, which takes the place of Mickey’s Halloween Party, begins Sept. 17 for 20 select nights at Disney California Adventure park.
This separately-ticketed party is packed with exclusive new entertainment and experiences, including the new “World of Color” spectacular – “Villainous!,” character encounters, immersive treat trails and more!
- “Villainous!” – The new “World of Color” show, exclusive to Oogie Boogie Bash, weaves a Halloween tale about a young girl named Shelley Marie, an all-new character created for this show. She has a decision to make about her Halloween costume, and finds herself wondering if she could really be as strong and unique as some of her favorite Disney characters. This twisted tale carries Shelley Marie on an unforgettable journey, exploring the villainous side of Disney characters through fountains, lights, lasers, projections and special effects. “Villainous!” shows guests that, deep down, there’s a little villain in all of us.
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail – The popular trail transforms into a wondrous and ethereal world of Disney villains unlike anything seen before. This new experience unfolds in a series of scenes, each creating a hauntingly beautiful dream-space of color, sound, light and shadow, as stories emerge from the darkest night to create an enchanting world.
- Immersive treat trails – Throughout Disney California Adventure, guests may enjoy trick-or-treating under the watchful eyes of iconic characters such as the Mad Hatter from Tim Burton’s “Alice in Wonderland,” or even Oogie Boogie himself.
- More after-hours festivities – Guests will also enjoy character encounters; the “Frightfully Fun Parade”; Mickey’s Trick and Treat show, and more.
See it for Yourself
Disney’s Halloween Time returns to the Disneyland Resort from September 6 through October 31, 2019.
Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party tickets are still available on the official website.
Hungry for More?
Check out our complete coverage of Disneyland Resort’s 2018 Halloween Time celebration.