National Geographic announces first-ever #D23Expo presence with special pavilion, panels, and more!
National Geographic is one of the newest members to the Disney family and it will have its first official presence this year at the D23 Expo with a showfloor pavilion, panels, and more surprises!
National Geographic Pavilion
Located on the Showfloor, expect to find fun experiences, talent appearances, and special signings and even some very special guests—cuddly four-legged friends!
- Disney+ originals: Learn more about the various National Geographic shows coming to the streaming service.
- CAST SIGNING: On Aug. 24 from 12:45 to 1:45 p.m., the cast of The Right Stuff including Jake McDorman (“What We Do in the Shadows,” “Lady Bird”), Colin O’Donoghue (“Once Upon a Time,” “Carrie Pilby,” “The Rite”), Aaron Staton (“Narcos: Mexico,” “Castle Rock”), Michael Trotter (“Underground,” “The Evening Hour”), Micah Stock (“Brittany Runs a Marathon,” “Escape at Dannemora”) and James Lafferty (“The Haunting of Hill House,” “Small Town Crime”).
- BOOK SIGNING: On Aug. 23 from 1 to 2 p.m., get inspired at a book signing with legendary rock climber Alex Honnold, featured in the Academy Award-winning film Free Solo, which documented his achievement of his lifelong dream: to climb the face of the 3,200-foot El Capitan in Yosemite National Park, without a rope.
- GUEST APPEARANCE: On Aug. 24 from 3 to 4 p.m., Dr. Jan Pol from Nat Geo WILD’s No. 1 series, The Incredible Dr. Pol will offer his amazing animal stories and cuddle up with his surprise guests—his cutest, furriest, four-legged friends!
- GUEST APPEARANCE: On Aug. 25 from 11 a.m. to noon, chill out with Sue Aikens from multiple-Emmy-award-winning series Life Below Zero, and hear about her jaw-dropping lifestyle in the remote corners of Alaska. Get a little taste of the subzero temperatures of Alaska while she signs autographs, takes pictures, and shares her incredible tales.
- BENEATH THE BLUE: Throughout the weekend on the show floor, a breathtaking underwater world will take you on an incredible journey to explore the oceans and learn more about the impact of single-use plastic on marine life.
- GRAND MARSHALLS: The cast from The Right Stuff will take part in the D23 Street Party, leading the festival indoor parade.
WOMEN OF IMPACT: Meet the Nat Geo Explorers Changing the World
WHEN: Saturday, Aug. 24, from 10 to 11 a.m.
Taking place at Stage 28, featuring women on the front lines of exploration, conservation, and storytelling. They pilot submarines, get up close with lions, tigers, and bears—and even breakdance! Join submersible pilot and founder of a girls’ underwater camp Erika Bergman; multimedia storyteller and Planet or Plastic ambassador Lilly Sedaghat; and large-carnivore expert Dr. Rae Wynn-Grant to give you a behind-the-scenes glimpse at what it takes to become the next game-changing explorer!
Power Up Your Brain With Keegan-Michael Key
WHEN: Sunday, Aug. 25, from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
At the D23 Expo Arena, fans will get a first look at the reboot of Brain Games, National Geographic’s wildly popular series, during Power Up Your Brain With Keegan-Michael Key. Ignite your brain power and play some fun, mind-bending, interactive challenges with Brain Games host Keegan-Michael Key (Toy Story 4, The Lion King) as he shows you the “why” behind the “wow.” Joining him on stage will be top-class mentalist Lior Suchard, who will no doubt deliver fans an engaging and mind-blowing experience. Explore your mind’s mad skills during this workout of your 3-pound slimy blob!
See it for Yourself
D23 Expo 2019 takes place at the Anaheim Convention Center from August 23-25, 2019.
For tickets and info visit D23expo.com. The 3-day bundled passes are sold out but 1-day tickets for Friday, Saturday and Sunday are still available. To join D23 and enjoy Gold Member benefits, visit D23.com/join.