PICTORIAL: New Craftsman Bar opens at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa with strong new menu
After several months of construction, the new GCH Craftsman Bar has opened poolside at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa. The menu offers a variety of noshables from artisanal pizzas and avocado toast to sliders, nachos, and shawarma. A robust offering of unique drink options are also available.
The aesthetics of the new dining area continue the existing pool theme that was based largely around the Gamble House in Pasadena, embracing many of the unique arts and crafts details and materials of the style.
White Water Snacks will be renamed as part of this expansion and become the GCH Craftsman Grill (complementing the now-open GCH Craftsman Bar) and will continue serving its current menu. While the pool area is available only to resort guests with a designated wristband, the Bar and Grill locations are available for all guests.
The new Craftsman Bar sits literally poolside. But if you don’t have a pool key as a hotel guest you’ll need to use the side entrance which is now behind an unfriendly-looking gate. Worry not, the Bar is open to ALL guests, not just hotel guests. Just ask the Cast Member at the gate to be let in.
The host/hostess stand lies beyond this gate in the middle of the new dining area.
Food and Drink
Prickly Pear Rosé is as tasty as it is pretty. It has rosé wine, prickly pear puree, and lemon juice. It is quite sweet and absolutely delightful! Plus edible flower garnish. WIN!
Kombucha Cocktail is not for the faint of heart. It features Tito’s Handmade Vodka, St. George Bruto Americano, lemon juice, simple syrup, and Suja organic pineapple passion fruit kombucha. It’s quite bitter thanks in part to the nature of kombucha but also the kick of the St. George giving it a strong floral note. Would not recommend this one if you’re in to simple fruity drinks.
Garlic-Soy Glazed Chicken Wings feature Fresno chili, togarashi spice, furikake, parsley, carrot, and celery ribbons. Hands down some of the best wings at the Disneyland Resort. You would be doing this place wrong without ordering a plate of these to share with the table.
Parmesan Crusted Grilled Cheese is actually from the kids menu but is incredibly delicious in its simplicity. Definitely recommend if you’re looking for big flavor but less ambitious taste.
We didn’t order the nachos but they’re about the size of your head!
Salted Chocolate Chip Cookie Fingers with strawberry marmalade and hazelnut dip were disappointing. The cookie was dry and slightly crumbly yet not firm enough like a biscotti. It was neither cookie nor biscotti, just a sad hybrid of both. The hazelnut dip was oddly bland. The cookies were saved only by the strawberry marmalade which awakened the otherwise disappointing dish with a zing. A chocolate covered strawberry is always sure to please, would have rather had a couple of these after powering through the cookie sticks.
Full Food Menu
Full Drink Menu
- Shawarma Chicken Skewer is a dish that I’m super excited about and it comes with arugula-fennel salad with radishes, roasted tomatoes, pita bread, lemon wedges, and tzatziki dip.
- Garlic-Soy-glazed Chicken Wings with fresno chile, togarashi spice, and furikake.
- Black Angus Flat Iron Steak Salad with endive and spinach leaves and is topped with sautéed shiitake mushrooms, crumbled eggs, feta snow, black angus steak, and a Champagne vinaigrette.
- Double-baked Beef Nachos with bacon lardons, black beans, scallions, jalapeño pepper, cilantro, queso fresco, guacamole, and crema.
- Cali Sliders feature American wagyu patty, oven-roasted tomato, vegetable relish, spiced hollandaise, swiss, artichoke aïoli, and pickled vegetables.
- Maine Lobster Quesadilla with Monterey Jack and queso fresco
- Lemon-Sumac Salmon Salad or the Kimchee-marinated Ahi Tuna Lettuce Cup. Both come with a variety of vegetables and lettuce and are great dishes for those looking for a lighter option!
- Avocado Toast
- Black Truffle-charred Cauliflower Grilled Cheese Sandwich comes with charred cauliflower, cheese béchamel, black truffles, and pickled vegetables on sourdough bread.
- Artisanal pizzas, including Margherita Pizza, Forest Mushroom Pizza, Classic Pepperoni Pizza, and a unique Charcuterie Pizza which comes topped with premium pepperoni, prosciutto, salami, Italian sausage, arugula, fire-roasted tomatoes, grana padano, and aged provolone.
- Kids dishes include chicken skewers, salmon filet, parmesan-crusted grilled cheese, and favorites like chicken tenders, hamburgers, and a PBJ sandwich with chocolate-hazelnut spread.
- Root Beer Float
- Waffle-Churro Sundae with vanilla ice cream, chocolate and caramel sauces, chantilly cream, and chocolate pearls.
- Salted Chocolate Chip Cookie Fingers served with strawberry marmalade and hazelnut dipping sauces
See it for Yourself
GCH Craftsman Bar at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa is now open.
For more information, visit the Disneyland Resort website or call 714 781-DINE (714 781-3463).
If you are looking for a way to help support the site so we can continue to bring you more info about the mouse, feel free to browse our TeePublic Store! Aside from tees and apparel, you can also find stickers, phone & laptop cases, mugs, and more!