Sunrise Screening of THE LION KING and other fun extras coming to El Capitan Theatre!
The king has returned to El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood for a special limited-time engagement of THE LION KING from July 18 to September 2, 2019.
Aside from the Dolby VisionTM Laser Projection & Dolby Atmos® Sound Technology presentation of the film, there’s a few other extras in store if you decide to see the film at the El Capitan Theatre!
Fun for Everyone
- Pride Rock photo op on the El Capitan Theater Stage
- THE LION KING Mural Wall photo-op
- Pumbaa and Timon themed photo op in the lobby
Opening Night Event
- WHEN: Thursday, June 18 at 5:00pm
- COST: $35.00 per person
- DETAILS: THE LION KING exclusive poster, as well as reserved seat, a souvenir popcorn container, and a 20 oz. bottled drink
- WHEN: Friday, July 19 at 6:00am
- COST: $35.00 per person
- DETAILS: Enjoy….
- A bowl of Cereal & Go-Gurt provided by General Mills
- Coffee and Tea provided by The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf®
- Souvenir Ocarina Cup
- 46 oz. popcorn & 20 oz. bottled drink
- Reserved seat
Movie & Meal Package
- COST: $40.00 per person
- DETAILS: Reserved seat (no concessions) to see the movie at The El Capitan Theatre, and a meal at Hard Rock Café. Reservations are required in advance (tickets must be booked no later than 24 hrs business days). Guests will choose one entrée from special Hard Rock Cafe menu at the time of their seating. Tax & gratuity included. Does not include alcohol – guests can purchase and pay on their own.
Birthday in Your Seat
- COST: Regular $25 per person or VIP for $35 per person (which includes everything below plus VIP popcorn & 20 oz. bottled drink)
- Birthday Host to guide your experience
- Tour of Costume Display
- Reserved Seats in theatre
- In-Seat Concession Service until lights go down and program starts
- Ghirardelli Birthday Sundae in your seat
- Birthday shout out in your honor before the show!
Tiny Tot Tuesdays
The El Capitan Theatre will also host Tiny Tot Tuesdays prior to the first show each Tuesday of the run. During these screenings, parents and small children may enjoy the movie in a tot-friendly way—with lights dimmed rather than out and reduced sound levels.
See it for Yourself
Tickets available at The El Capitan Theatre (6838 Hollywood Blvd.), online at elcapitantickets.com, or by calling 1-800-DISNEY6 (1-800-347-6396).
- Daily showtimes at 10:00AM, 1:15PM, 4:30PM, and 7:45PM
- The film is also screened at 11:00PM on Fridays and Saturdays
- A one-time only SUNRISE SCREENING at 6:00AM on July 19
Special group rates of $10 for parties of 20 or more are available by calling 1-818-845-3110. Showtimes and dates are subject to change.
THE LION KING is playing at the El Capitan Theatre from July 18 to September 2, 2019.