DISNEY INFINITY announces timeline of closures for various game components
Disney Interactive has released its schedule of decommission for the DISNEY INFINITY game across all of its various platforms and feature sets. While the game will remain playable on most of the released platforms, all online components will eventually be phased out and the mobile versions will be discontinued completely.
It’s not happening all at once though so Disney has released an in-depth timeline for the upcoming closures.
- The console versions of Disney Infinity will continue to operate as usual with full access to figures and play sets only with the exception of community content features and online multiplayer
- Until September 30, 2016, Community Content will still be available and players will be able to upload and download any of their favorite Toy Box creations
Below is an overview of the timelines and additional details are available on the Disney Interactive FAQ pages.
As of today (July 29, 2016):
- No in-game purchases can be made within the PC, Steam version of Disney Infinity 2.0, iOS, Google Android, Amazon Android and Apple TV versions of the game as this feature has now been removed
- Players can continue to make in-game purchases within the Steam version of Disney Infinity 3.0.
As of September 30, 2016:
- Players will no longer be able to log in to play the PC, iOS, Google Android and Amazon Android versions of Disney Infinity. These will no longer be available on the respective app stores
- The Steam versions of Disney Infinity 2.0 & 3.0 will remain operational with the exception of all online services and community features as these will be discontinued
- Apple TV versions of Disney Infinity will be removed from the App Store
- The Disney Infinity Community team will no longer be reviewing or approving any new Toy Boxes that are submitted to Disney for all console, mobile and PC versions of the game. However, when playing on any console, Apple TV or Windows 8/10 versions of the game, players can continue to download their favorite Toy Boxes from the Community Content section until March 3, 2017
As of January 3, 2017
- No in-game purchases can be made within the Windows 8/10 versions of the game as this feature will be removed
As of March 3, 2017
- Apple TV and Windows 8/10 versions will no longer be available, supported or playable
- All Disney Infinity online services and community features for all versions will be discontinued
To learn more about which services of Disney Infinity are being removed or information related to each game version, visit the Closing FAQs located here http://help.disney.com/Disney-Infinity for additional information.
The Disney Infinity website will continue to be updated frequently prior to March 3, 2017 to provide the Disney Infinity community with news and status of the game across all platforms should the status change.