D23 and Disney Parks and Resorts celebrate “Walt Week”
Today, December 15, marks the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney’s passing and, to mark the occasion, D23: The Official Disney Fan Club is honoring Walt with a series of features available to members at D23.com/WalkWithWalt, in its quarterly publication Disney twenty-three, and at Disney Parks around the world with “Walt Week: Celebrating a Legacy of Imagination, Creativity, and Innovation.”
Also today, guests at Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Paris, Hong Kong Disneyland, and Tokyo Disney Resort are invited to join the celebration of Walt’s extraordinary life by sharing a message on Memory Boards that will be placed at each resort.
The boards will be on display for all to see at D23 Expo: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event, from July 14–16 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
Locations and time of Memory Boards (times and locations subject to change):
- Disneyland Resort: The gallery inside the Main Street Opera House at Disneyland Park from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m
- Walt Disney World Resort: Inside One Man’s Dream at Disney’s Hollywood Studios from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Disneyland Paris: Inside the Liberty Arcade on Main Street, U.S.A. at the entrance of “Statue of Liberty Tableau” from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Hong Kong Disneyland: Inside Art of Animation on Main Street, U.S.A. from 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Tokyo Disney Resort: Mark Twain Riverboat queue from 8:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.