PICTORIAL: Inside Disneyland’s new ‘Beauty and the Beast’ themed limited-time restaurant offering
Now for a limited time, Disneyland is welcoming guests to enjoy the Red Rose Taverne restaurant in Fantasyland to get a taste of the upcoming BEAUTY AND THE BEAST film. The restaurant is a temporary takeover of the Village Haus which has gone though a thorough “scrubbing” to temporarily remove–or in most cases hide–existing thematic elements. They have essentially turned a German cottage into something more of a small provincial town in France.
With the revamp of the interior also comes a complete revamp of the menu to reflect the French flair of BEAUTY AND THE BEAST…
Red Rose Taverne Menu
Mouth watering yet? Here’s a breakdown of the menu:
- Beast’s Burger – A 1/3 pound Angus beef patty, slow-cooked beef, Gruyere cheese, caramelized onions, lettuce, tomato and horseradish aioli on a toasted roll.
- Classic Angus Cheeseburger – A 1/3 pound Angus beef patty with cheese, lettuce, tomato and signature sauce on a toasted roll.
- Enchanted Cauliflower Sandwich – A grilled cauliflower steak, spicy lime aioli, tempura-battered green beans, lettuce and tomato on a toasted roll.
- Slow-Cooked Beef Poutine – Slow-cooked beef and gravy over seasoned waffle-cut fries, pickled onions and cheese curds.
- Chicken Sandwich à la Lumière – Grilled chicken breast, apple slaw, onion-bacon jam and fried cherry peppers on a toasted roll.
- Chef’s Chopped Salad – Cabbage, Romaine and iceberg lettuce, smoked bacon, apple, hard-cooked eggs, blue cheese crumbles, garlic croutons and apple vinaigrette.
- Poutine Flatbread – Topped with slow-cooked beef, pomme frites, roasted garlic aioli, cheese curds, gravy and herb oil.
- Garden Mozzarella Flatbread – Topped with marinated tomatoes, fresh Mozzarella, basil and tomato sauce.
- Pulled Pork Flatbread – Topped with pulled pork, roasted corn, sweet and spicy barbecue sauce, pickled onions and cilantro.
- Grey Stuff Gateau – A white chocolate mousse and red velvet cake with a sweet raspberry center.
- Lemon Rose Cake – A lemon mousse cake with strawberry-rose filling.
- Gaston’s Famous Brew – Apple-mango punch topped with passion fruit foam.
We were able to try the Poutine Flatbread and the Enchanted Cauliflower Sandwich which were both delicious options. Certainly, far better than anything offered at the location in recent history and truthfully some of the best quick service food in the entire park!
Enchanted Cauliflower Sandwich
We had fully intended to try both of the dessert items on the menu (Grey Stuff Gateau and the Lemon Rose Cake) plus Gaston’s Famous Brew but unfortunately the restaurant was not prepared for the demand. They had completely sold out of all three items by mid afternoon. Below is a press picture of the grey stuff. If it’s anything like what they serve in Florida, we can attest that is delicious!
Mrs. Potts, Lumiere, and Cogsworth as seen in the live-action adaptation of the film have made their way into the restaurant amongst other props and decorations.
Pinocchio has disappeared from the center of the room and in his place is an enchanted glowing red rose.
The interiors are mostly the same but most traces of Pinocchio have been covered up or temporarily removed.
A familiar sight to fans of the animated film.
The upper rafters are updated to match the village look from the live-action film. Bon jour!
The restaurant is split up into two sections that are themed after Belle’s Cottage and Gaston’s Tavern.
New paintings of the characters have sprung up inside.
New stained glass window is amongst the details on the “Belle” side of the restaurant.
The windows on the restaurant have also been updated with roses
Of course, they’ve used antlers in all of the decorating…
There’s some beautiful sculpted Pinocchio work under here that’s been covered.
See It For Yourself!
The restaurant and its new menu are open now. No end-date has been listed as yet but the Red Rose Taverne is being touted as a limited-time offering. On opening day, the restaurant has proven to be quite popular so do prepare for longer-than-normal waits for at least this first weekend of the new offering.
BEAUTY AND THE BEAST enchants theaters March 17, 2017.
Clothes On Our backs
We do not often ask our readers for much in the way of financial support but if you are looking for a way to help support the site so we can continue to bring you more info about the mouse, feel free to browse our TeePublic Store! Aside from tees you can find coffee mugs, phone & laptop cases, and more!
Find more designs at our store: teepublic.com/stores/mouseinfo.
Sale ends this weekend!