MORE DETAILS: Entertainment, food, and more for #GetYourEarsOn celebration at the Disneyland Resort
This past weekend, D23 Destination D in Orlando unveiled Disneyland’s plans for the GET YOUR EARS ON – A Mickey and Minnie Celebration that will be coming January 2019 and now we have a few more specific details about what the celebration will entail. At the start of the new year we can expect to find a new nighttime projection (with fireworks) show, the return of Mickey’s Soundsational Parade, a special Valentine’s Day month-long celebration, and more.
Here’s what you can expect starting in January:
NEW: Mickey’s Mix Magic
WHEN: Starting January 18
“Mickey’s Mix Magic,” will light up the night at Disneyland park with a new high-energy projection show, celebrating the one and only Mickey Mouse. This nightly extravaganza creates a family-fun dance party throughout the park, with “DJ” Mickey spinning the new celebration song, “It’s a Good Time” along with new, fun takes on favorite Disney songs.
State-of-the-art projections, lighting and lasers will transform Main Street, U.S.A., the water screens of the Rivers of America and the façade of “it’s a small world” into a colorful, dazzling display of sights and sounds to celebrate Mickey Mouse. And on select nights, “Mickey’s Mix Magic” will go sky high when the show is enhanced with the addition of fireworks.
RETURNING: Mickey’s Soundsational Parade
WHEN: Starting January 25
The popular “Mickey’s Soundsational Parade” returns to Disneyland, with a rockin’ new opening to kick off the party.
- Mickey leads the way in a new larger-than-life opening, inspired by the classic and nostalgic Mickey pull toys.
- Next, Chip ‘n’ Dale arrive with a giant celebration cake, as Mickey and his drum corps kick off a whimsical, musical procession of Disney characters.
Valentine’s Month Celebration
WHEN: January 22-Feb. 18
Disneyland Resort will celebrate the love of Minnie and Mickey for Valentine’s month.
- A new Mickey Mouse flower “portrait,”
- Valentine’s décor all along Main Street, U.S.A. and at Small World Mall.
Minnie’s Valentine Surprise scavenger hunt
Once guests have purchased a commemorative map and stickers at select merchandise locations in Disneyland park, they may search for the hidden valentines that Minnie has left for Mickey around the park. Upon completion, they return their map to a designated location to redeem a special Valentine’s surprise.
More to Explore
Specialty food, beverage, novelty items and merchandise will be available for guests to celebrate the beloved duo in fun, new ways.
Food / Beverage
- “Classic” Mickey- and Minnie-shaped foods with a new festive twist
- Exclusive Get Your Ears On themed treats
- Holiday specialty items for Valentine’s month
- A celebration sipper
- New Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse popcorn buckets
- Plus, celebration apparel, pins, plush, and Mickey and Minnie ears
- PANDORA (in Downtown Disney) will debut a limited-edition Disney dangle charm with a 14 karat gold “90,”
- The Disney Dress Shop (Downtown Disney) Dooney & Bourke will feature new Mickey Mouse bags and a special Mickey Through the Years dress will be available at .
But Wait, There’s More!
Mickey’s 90th Birthday is a global festival! Below are some of the recent events that helped kick off the celebration:
- PICTORIAL: Disneyland celebrates #Mickey90 with special merch, eats, and entertainment
- D23 Destination D: Celebrating Mickey Mouse at Walt Disney World Resort
- STEP INSIDE: New ‘Mickey: The True Original Exhibition’ opens in New York City
- Mickey Mouse goes all out to celebrate #Mickey90 anniversary with taped special on ABC
The #Mickey90 celebration is also extending the fun into 2019 with special events across the country:
- Disney Parks celebrations around the globe.
- Merch galore in Disney Stores around the globe including dozens of new books, arts and crafts and comics from Disney Publishing.
- Disney On Ice presents Mickey’s Special Celebration touring throughout the Asia Pacific region this year.