LUNAR NEW YEAR 2019 ‘Year of the Pig’ at Disney California Adventure brings back popular offerings; entertainment, food
Disney California Adventure is celebrating the Year of the Pig this year during their annual Lunar New Year celebration. The festivities this year include live entertainment and musical performances, including an enhanced “Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession,” arts and crafts, and festival marketplaces offering various food items cuisine. Plus, this year the Three Little Pigs join in the fun with rare character appearances!
- “Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession,” a bright and bold parade hosted by Mulan and her faithful dragon, Mushu, that honors Lunar New Year and celebrates family and friendship. As a special treat for the Year of the Pig, the Three Little Pigs (Fiddler, Fifer and Practical) join the procession in their full holiday garb, along with Goofy in his “god of Good Fortune” attire and Chip ‘n’ Dale in their red vests. “Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession” is enhanced this year with a longer processional route, from Pixar Pier to Paradise Gardens Park, where guests will gather to watch the festivities. A troupe of Chinese performers bring additional dancers, martial artists and drummers to add extra excitement to the beautiful and colorful procession.
- Beloved characters Mulan, Mushu, Pluto, Mickey and Minnie donning their Lunar New Year attire and greeting guests at Paradise Gardens Park.
- Four Asian marketplaces offering delightful foods inspired by Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures, all with a Disney twist. New this year is the Sip and Savor pass, available for any guest to purchase if they wish to get the best value as they taste their way through the festive Asian marketplaces.
- Longevity Noodle Co.
- Lucky 8 Lantern
- Prosperity Bao & Buns
- Red Dragon Spice Traders
- A special Lunar New Year menu at Paradise Garden Grill that offers items inspired by traditional Asian fare, plus a new Festival Food and Beverage Cart inside Paradise Gardens.
- Live, daily performances…
- Melody of China (new this year) ensemble entertains guests with Chinese classical, folk and contemporary music, with a trio of artists that play the yangqin (Chinese dulcimer), pipa (Chinese lute) and Erhu (Chinese fiddle).
- Vietnamese artist Dat Nguyen plays traditional and original compositions on classical guitar, lute, flute and melodica at Paradise Garden Bandstand.
- Complimentary arts and crafts with local artisans, including Chinese calligraphy, paper lantern making and face painting.
- A Lucky Wishing Wall, where guests may add their own wishes for a wonderful
- Beautiful Lunar New Year décor, including ornamental lanterns and banners wishing guests a Happy Lunar New Year in English, Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese
- New Lunar New Year merchandise inspired by different cultures of East Asia.
- Special items all the way from Shanghai Disney Resort, including traditional red envelopes for gift-giving, Minnie Mouse ear headbands, lantern glow wands and more.
- Commemorative items with Lunar New Year designs, including a limited-edition pin, adult hoody and tees.
Lunar New Year takes place at Disney California Adventure from January 25 – February 17, 2019.