CREEPSHOW announced at Midsummer Scream for Universal Studios Hollywood Halloween Horror Nights
If you missed our live tweets this weekend from Midsummer Scream, Universal Studios Hollywood announced that CREEPSHOW would be the subject of a new maze for this year’s Halloween Horror Night!
Inspired by the 1982 cult classic Creepshow movie, (created by legendary director George Romero) and the all-new series (debuting on Shudder’s streaming service and reimagined by acclaimed make-up artist, director and executive producer, Greg Nicotero) invites “Halloween Horror Nights” guests to step into the anthology’s comic book pages to experience five terrible tales of terror guided by The Creep, the skeletal namesake of the comic book.
About the Maze
Capturing the essence of the original film that touted, “the most fun you’ll have getting scared,” to Shudder’s assertion that “a new generation of horror has risen from the dead,” the five frightening fables featured in the maze include:
- “Father’s Day” – Years ago Nathan Grantham, the cruel patriarch of the wealthy Grantham family, was murdered by his long-suffering daughter on Father’s Day. Now Nathan’s maggot-infested corpse has risen from the grave to take revenge on his inheritors…and finally claim his Father’s Day cake.
- “The Crate” – An unlucky janitor finds a long-forgotten shipping crate under the stairs of a science hall in a small east coast college. Little does he know, the crate contains a ravenous beast that’s been hibernating for over a hundred years…and it’s just woken up.
- “They’re Creeping Up On You” – Eccentric billionaire Upson Pratt lives in a hermetically sealed “germ proof” penthouse apartment in Manhattan but he still has a bug problem. When a citywide blackout cuts his power, Mr. Pratt’s pest problem is about to get a whole lot worse.
- “Gray Matter” – Ritchie Grenadine, an alcoholic former factory worker, unknowingly ingests a strange mutagen after guzzling a can of cheap beer. Now an alien fungus has taken over his rundown apartment and his body…creating in him an insatiable hunger that can’t be quenched by his favorite ale.
- “Bad Wolf Down” – The surviving members of a decimated American army platoon in the North of France during World War II are holed up in a small village jail awaiting the German army to overwhelm them. The clever lot, however, have an ace up their sleeve that the German’s won’t expect; the men are all werewolves and tonight is a full moon.
See it for Yourself
Halloween Horror Nights returns this year to Universal Studios Hollywood (September 13, 2019) and to Universal Studios Florida (September 6, 2019).
DON’T MISS: Get your tickets now before they sell out!