New ‘Let’s Get Wicked’ musical show and more surprises abound for 2019 Halloween Time at Hong Kong Disneyland
Hong Kong Disneyland is ready once again to get into the spirit of the season with a creeptastic return of Disney Halloween Time! New this year is a wickedly awesome “Let’s Get Wicked” musical show joining a strong lineup of Halloween offerings including “Jack Skellington’s Villainous Gathering” with meet and greets, Halloween Town experience, and more, plus special character greets, dining, and shopping options.
Here’s a look at what you can expect for 2019 Halloween Time at Hong Kong Disneyland.
“Let’s Get Wicked”
This a brand-new 25-minute musical stage show featuring enthralling performances from five iconic Disney Villains – Ursula from The Little Mermaid, Cruella de Vil from 101 Dalmatians, Dr. Facilier from The Princess and the Frog, Gaston from Beauty and the Beast and Mother Gothel from Tangled.
Musical styles throughout the show include Broadway, pop, rock and tango.
An original number, “Let’s Get Wicked,” was created exclusively for the show, while the signature songs of all five Disney Villains have been exquisitely re-arranged to incorporate new musical styles, instantly transporting guests on an unforgettable musical journey!
The new designs of the Disney Villains’ costumes are heavily inspired by their stories and wicked characteristics, helping to bring the Villains to life in never-before-seen ways, including the use of special effects and choreography. For example, Ursula’s colossal dress covers the entire stage and mimics underwater movement. With a masterful combination of lighting effects and projections, guests will truly feel like they’re under the sea.
In this energetic and highly interactive show, guests will join the Disney Villains to complete each story, by singing and lighting up their “torches” using their mobile phones. One lucky guest may even be selected to go on stage, where they will enjoy a larger-than-life interactive moment with Mother Gothel herself!
“Jack Skellington’s Villainous Gathering”
Jack, Sally and Oogie Boogie from Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas will team up with The Evil Queen from Snow White, Jafar from Aladdin, Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty, the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland, and Captain Hook from Peter Pan to bring you an awe-inspiring Halloween musical experience, complete with newly arranged songs.
“Journey to Halloween Town”
Relive classic scenes from Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas. This year, even more immersive moments and all-new trick-or-treat activities have been added to the fun.
“Mickey’s Halloween Time Street Party!”
Younger guests can sing and dance alongside Mickey Mouse and his beloved friends. To make this party even more fun, guests are invited to put on their Halloween costumes and dance with the enthralling Halloween music as the party rocks the street!
- Vampirina will be debuting at HKDL this Halloween in The Annex.
- Jack Skellington, and his frightful friends, Sally and Oogie Boogie, are also waiting for guests at the “Jack Skellington and Friends Halloween Time Character Greeting.”
- Winnie the Pooh and his friends will appear in cute Halloween costumes at the “Halloween Time Festival Gardens,” in Fantasyland, throughout the day.
- Maleficent, Hades, Captain Hook, Queen of Hearts, Cruella de Vil and Frollo take over the Gardens at night.
- More than 40 mouth-watering Halloween-themed treats await guests this year at Disney Halloween Time, including Wizard Pumpkin Cups and Halloween Oreo Puddings at the Main Street Bakery. At the Karibuni Marketplace in Adventureland, guests can sip on spooky beverages inspired by Disney Villains such as Green Potion and Gaston Punch.
- Fans of Jack Skellington can feast on themed food and beverage items including Jack’s Haunted Pizza at the World of Color Restaurant and Dark & White Chocolate Mousse Cake with Passion Fruit Jelly at the Chart Room Cafe. Guests can even enjoy the “Halloween Cookies DIY” workshop with family and friends at Chef Mickey!
- For even more Halloween fun, grab a light-up Oogie Boogie Popcorn Bucket and Jack Skellington Yard Sipper to brighten up your Halloween style.
More than 110 special Halloween-themed merchandise items are available during the event period, including stylish headbands and Evil Queen T-shirts from the new Villain series. Mickey and Friends dress-up items are also great choices – choose from blinking headbands, glow-in-the-dark T-shirts or a Minnie Halloween costume that comes with witch hats for kids. Guests will also enjoy Halloween-themed plush toys and a special “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas” selections, as well as the Duffy & Friends trick-or-treat bag and the Cookie plush bag.
More to Explore
- Guests can also enjoy face painting and other activities, including trick-or-treating at “Halloween Time Festival Garden” and “Halloween Time Takeover Karibuni Marketplace!”
- Throughout the visit, music will act as a guide for guests, as it changes and evolves throughout the day and night.
Stay and Play
Extend your Disney Halloween experience with a hotel stay at the resort. Young guests and their families can take part in a wide range of Halloween-themed events, including the “Disney Halloween Mission” which requires their help to unlock the treasure box. Young guests can also join the special “Halloween Playtime” activity to collect stickers and candies or take part in the “Disney Villain Nighttime” event, where they have to gather all the candies if they do not want to be on the receiving end of a spooky spell.
See it for Yourself
Disney Halloween Time takes place at Hong Kong Disneyland from September 12 to October 31, 2019.
But Wait, There’s More
Hong Kong residents can now double up on their time at the park by taking advantage of the exclusive “Double the Fun” promotion*, to enjoy Halloween two different days for just HK$688!
*This offer is only applicable to Hong Kong Residents with valid proof of identification and does not extend to Senior tickets.
This offer is valid from now till October 31, 2019. Eligible guests may make two visits to the Park from now till October 31, 2019. The purchase period starts now and last through October 30, 2019. Offer is subject to terms and conditions. Please visit the official website for details.