2019 Holidays at Universal Studios Hollywood bring back Grinchmas, Potter, and Minion merriment!
UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOLLYWOOD will once again become a winter wonderland this holiday season with the return of fan-favorite “Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” and “Grinchmas” events on the upper lot that bring with them a full roster of entertainment, character greets, and festive holiday vibes.
You can catch it all starting Thursday, November 28 and running daily through Sunday, December 29, 2019.
“Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter”
- Seasonal décor enchants Hogsmeade village with uniquely themed enhancements to each of the individual storefronts
- “The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts™ Castle” illuminates Hogwarts™ School of Witchcraft and Wizardry with colorful imagery and impressive dimensional animations that dance across Hogwarts castle in tandem to a musical arrangement from the Harry Potter movies.
- Frog Choir, comprised of Hogwarts students and their giant throaty frogs, entertain guests with their harmonized holiday themed songs and fill the land with holiday cheer.
- Custom-made Christmas ornaments created especially for “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” will be available.
- Collectibles include a decorative Hogwarts castle snow globe,
- Hogwarts crest and mascot ornaments representing each of the four houses, wizard card ornaments
- Unique tree topper
- House pennant garlands
- Holiday-themed fare and hot Butterbeer further complement the overall experience.
- ALL-NEW “Grinchmas” tree, twisting and turning over 55 feet in height and adorned with hundreds of ornaments and thousands of white and multi-colored LED lights choreographed to music, brightens the merry “Grinchmas” Who-lebration.
- Dazzling “Grinchmas” tree lighting ceremonies that take place every evening, accompanied by a snowfall flurry
- Find characters including The Grinch, his faithful dog Max and a roster of Who-ville Whos.
More to Explore
- Spirited holiday décor and festive whimsy will also permeate throughout the theme park
- Very Merry, mischievous, Minions gleefully spread Christmas cheer to visitors of all ages.
- Universal CityWalk’s spectacular 40-foot tall Christmas tree will once again glisten with 200,000 LED icicles choreographed to the lights and sounds of the season as the magic of the holidays comes to life in the “5 Towers” outdoor plaza along with a slate of free concert performances and an eclectic ensemble of talented street performers.
- CityWalk’s iconic, dancing water fountain with over 230 individual power jets will continue to mesmerize guests when it projects streams of choreographed water into the air complemented by red and green LED lights and an array of holiday-themed music.
See it for Yourself
The Holidays at Universal Studios Hollywood take place daily from November 28, 2018 — December 29, 2019
But Wait, There’s More!
California Neighbor Pass makes the perfect holiday gift, providing guests with the opportunity to experience 175 days of fun for $149 when purchased online.