CLOSER LOOK: Universal Beijing Resort unleashes details for new Park, Hotels, CityWalk
Universal Beijing Resort is coming to China and it will bring with it a slew of offerings for the audiences there with may favorites fans will recognize from around the globe. Aside from a new park, Universal Beijing Resort will include a signature Universal CityWalk Beijing entertainment complex and two resort hotels.
The new park will feature seven themed lands: Kung Fu Panda Land of Awesomeness, Transformers: Metrobase, Minion Land, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Jurassic World Isla Nublar, Hollywood and WaterWorld.
Located in Beijing’s Tongzhou District, this phase of Universal Beijing Resort will occupy about approx. 420 acres of a 1,000-acre site in the strategic central area of its Cultural Tourism Zone.
Kung Fu Panda Land of Awesomeness
Kung Fu Panda Land of Awesomeness brings to life the animated movie series KUNG FU PANDA, which follows the adventures of the brave panda, Po, in his quest to become a Kung Fu master.
- Completely indoor experience is set in “Legendary China”
- The world’s first theme park land created with the Kung Fu Panda theme
- Numerous Chinese-themed locations including many of the franchise’s most beloved icons: Jade Palace, the Panda Village, and the Peach Tree of Heavenly Wisdom
- Stunning Chinese architecture, festive decor, delicious food and captivating performances
Jurassic World Isla Nublar
Welcome to Jurassic World Isla Nublar. Guests of all ages can explore Isla Nublar, an island of wonder and thrills where Dinosaurs roam the Earth again.
- A larger-than-life destination that has taken the essence of this legendary film franchise with new attractions and adventures never seen before.
- Feel the power of the Tyrannosaurus Rex, Velociraptors, Ankylosaurs, and the fearsome Indominus Rex
Transformers: Metrobase is based on Hasbro’s TRANSFORMERS franchise and is the first theme park land in the world dedicated to Transformers.
- THE STORY: Metrobase, who is a Titan, a robot the size of a city with a story crafted specifically for this park. In conjunction with top Chinese scientists, Metrobase selected this Energon rich site just outside the city of Beijing to serve as the N.E.S.T. Beijing headquarters– a top-secret, technologically-advanced zone where an alliance between humans and Autobots developed to protect the Earth.
- The land will be filled with Cybertronian architecture and advanced technology that creates an immersive experience that brings “guest agents” into the world of Transformers like never before.
Minion Land, inspired by Illumination Entertainment’s Despicable Me franchise, is an exciting, fun-filled world that is alive with characters and scenes from the films.
- Exciting new shows, meet their favorite characters, and enjoy interaction with the mischievous Minions
- Scenes from the films come to life, inviting visitors to play along in an immersive land that is fun for the whole family
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
“The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade” is an award-winning experience that features multiple groundbreaking attractions, shops, restaurants, entertainment and more.
The popular stunt show from Universal Studios Hollywood allows visitors to experience a one-of-a-kind “battle on water.” The adventure surges to life with thrilling performances and daring stunts, giving visitors an experience beyond their wildest imaginations. Only in Beijing, the experience will expand into its own land including dining and other entertainment offerings.
Serving as the park’s “Main Street, USA” the entrance area will also feature the “Lights, Camera, Action!” attraction, featuring world-renowned directors, Zhang Yimou and Steven Spielberg. The experience will merge both Western and Eastern popular culture, and will lead visitors into the behind-the-scenes glitz and glamour of Hollywood special effects.
Universal Beijing Resort will debut two extraordinary and world-first, resort hotel concepts: The Universal Studios Grand Hotel and the NUO Resort Hotel – Universal Beijing Resort. The hotels will be destinations unto themselves, offering incredibly immersive experiences through the perfect blending of unique stylish designs and historic and cultural features – bringing entirely new hospitality experiences to life for guests at Universal Beijing Resort.
Universal Studios Grand Hotel
As the first-ever Universal-themed hotel, The Universal Studios Grand Hotel will offer a contemporary interpretation of the Hollywood Golden Age.
- Designed in classic Spanish architectural style, celebrating the glamour of the Golden Age
- The 800 rooms will be positioned at the entrance to the Universal Studios Beijing theme park and serve as a beacon of relaxation and escape for guests.
- The hotel’s décor and detail will completely surround guests with the world of film and their favorite movies.
The NUO Resort Hotel – Universal Beijing Resort
The NUO Resort Hotel – Universal Beijing Resort will offer a luxurious and picturesque escape, exemplifying the beauty of China’s ancient royal garden.
- Theme of modern meets simplicity mixing business with pleasure and art with technology, as well as sustainability, inspired by the Chinese traditional cultural and artistic achievements
- Approximately 400 rooms
- Located beside the park’s waterway and designed to create the feel of a private retreat,
- First-ever resort hotel from NUO, one of the country’s first homegrown luxury hotel brands
Universal CityWalk Beijing
Universal CityWalk Beijing will feature vibrant dining and entertainment concepts that will perfectly complement the theme park experience. There will be award-winning restaurants, clubs and a movie theater – and plenty of themed retail and shopping.
See it for Yourself
Universal Beijing Resort is expected to open in 2021.