DETAILS: New ‘WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure’ attraction at AVENGERS CAMPUS Marvel-themed expansion
Disney dropped a HULK-SIZED amount of details today regarding the new Avengers Campus Marvel-themed land coming to Disney California Adventure! Enjoy now as we take a look at the impressive-looking WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure attraction that opens with the land on July 18, 2020!
This new family-friendly attraction invites guests to put their web-slinging skills to the test at the the Worldwide Engineering Brigade—also known as WEB. WEB is all about how bright young innovators like Peter Parker are inventing new technologies that let all of us become Super Heroes.
- Tom Holland is reprising his role as Spider-Man in the upcoming attraction.
- No height requirement as per the official website.
- 3D glasses will be used to as well as a hybrid of physical sets, practical effects, and virtual set extensions.
- The Setup: The young inventors of WEB have opened the address up for an open house, where many of their new creations are on display for guests—including Spider-Bots, affable robotic sidekicks that have been designed to build anything a Super Hero might need.
- Spider-Bots run amok begin replicating at an alarming rate. The open house abruptly turns into a mission, and Spider-Man needs your help!
- Test drive Peter Parker’s latest invention, the WEB Slinger vehicle
- With nothing in your hands, you get to reach out and you will sling webs on this ride
- WDI tapped into innovative technology adapted specifically for this attraction for a brand-new interface that uses a gesture recognition system that has been built into every slinger vehicle. “Sixty times a second we are able to determine where a guest’s head is, their shoulders, their elbows, and even their wrists,” says Brent Strong, executive creative director, Walt Disney Imagineering. “We’re able to track the motion of your body so that when you reach out and sling a web, since we know where your eyes are and we know where your hands are, we can render a web—a virtual web coming right out of the palm of your hand—right out of your virtual web shooters and into a virtual world.”
- The attraction will take guests virtually through other Avengers Campus addresses, including Pym Test Kitchen, Avengers Headquarters, and The Collector’s Fortress (otherwise known as Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!). Best of all, the attraction will be thrilling for all members of the family. And after those rogue Spider-Bots have been rounded up, guests will learn how many they caught as a team in their WEB Slinger vehicles.
See it for Yourself
AVENGERS CAMPUS Marvel-themed land opens at Disney California Adventure July 18, 2020.